SAS Solid Axle Summit 2017 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our tent is 14x14 canvas spike tent. Last year we camped at ironton and it rained all night, I would wake up through another log into the wood stove and go back to bed it was nice. We could bring our small crapy tent but our sons might be joining us and it's nice to have the room. We drove past the tent spots at 4js last weekend and they looked alittle small. When I made my reservations they said they would give me the larger spot but I don't know if it's big enough. If 4js does not work for us I don't mind camping at ironton and maybe someone else in the group could use the spot. We will still come down and hang out and my 17 year old can be our designated driver.

All I got is a single person swag tent so my footprint is pretty small.

For the Texas guys. When are you guys heading to Ouray? My plan is to leave early as possible Tuesday morning and get into New Mexico. My usual stopping point is Albuquerque but I'm guessing I won't come close to that with the anemic B in the 40. I don't plan to convoy and slow people down but wouldn't mind meeting up at night somewhere. If it works out I will be camping on the way up.

I am unfortunately out on this one guys. A sudden change in schooling is forcing me to move away from Colorado. Hope I can make it next year!

Sorry yo hear it Johnny. Thanks for the info. See you next year.

@mcguirejohnson
@trout bum
@fl4031003
@POTATO LAUNCHER
@The Machinist
@Jason hansen
@red mud fj
@Rockymtnreaper
@Mr Cimarron
@EasternYeti
@MTNMAN133
@rhah
@Yackster
@FishTown
@1997 FZJ80 40th
@mattressking
@John McVicker
@walkerranch
@cornboy
@sheepdawg
@ajax1
@Dirtydawg
@4Cruisers
@Ghost Rider

@Beastiethe70
@CenTXFJ60
@CaptClose

Any South Texas guys that are riding in slower rigs interested in caravaning in the slow lane and have time to leave a few days earlier?

I'm thinking about taking a little bit of a scenic route and adding some more adventure Along the way up to Ouray.

Chime in and let me know if you're interested and we can hammer out some details.

I'm not going to be able to make it out this year... Major cockroach infestation, kitchen remodel, and full a/c system replacement is keeping us very tight on our budget for the rest of the year. I plan on being there next year though. Take tons of pictures! Any skilled photographers in the group that's headed up?

Yes, we have a pro going with us. Should be some excellent pics.
Thanks for the heads up, I will adjust accordingly.

@mcguirejohnson
@trout bum
@fl4031003
@POTATO LAUNCHER
@The Machinist
@Jason hansen
@red mud fj
@Rockymtnreaper
@Mr Cimarron
@EasternYeti
@MTNMAN133
@rhah
@Yackster
@FishTown
@1997 FZJ80 40th
@mattressking
@John McVicker
@walkerranch
@cornboy
@sheepdawg
@ajax1
@Dirtydawg
@4Cruisers
@Ghost Rider

@Beastiethe70
@CenTXFJ60
@CaptClose

Any South Texas guys that are riding in slower rigs interested in caravaning in the slow lane and have time to leave a few days earlier?

I'm thinking about taking a little bit of a scenic route and adding some more adventure Along the way up to Ouray.

Chime in and let me know if you're interested and we can hammer out some details.

Talked with Jeff the other day about this. If you think you will be in the slow lane I would be on the shoulder. 55-58 mph is my flat ground speed. My plan at the moment is to leave before light on Tuesday and meet up with the panhandle group that departs Wednesday. I figure I will know my pace by then and will decide if I can keep up with that crew going into Colorado. If possible I would still like to meet up nightly going up there. The only thing that would help me keep pace would be the 20mpg I get which would maybe allow me to skip a fuel stop to get ahead.

Talked with Jeff the other day about this. If you think you will be in the slow lane I would be on the shoulder. 55-58 mph is my flat ground speed. My plan at the moment is to leave before light on Tuesday and meet up with the panhandle group that departs Wednesday. I figure I will know my pace by then and will decide if I can keep up with that crew going into Colorado. If possible I would still like to meet up nightly going up there. The only thing that would help me keep pace would be the 20mpg I get which would maybe allow me to skip a fuel stop to get ahead.

Ideally I was thinking about leaving on the 5th and just taking it slow and try to hit a few landmarks along the way. We could probably pace with you at those speeds. I'm not in a hurry. Where are you coming from?

Ideally I was thinking about leaving on the 5th and just taking it slow and try to hit a few landmarks along the way. We could probably pace with you at those speeds. I'm not in a hurry. Where are you coming from?
I'll be leaving from Austin and going through Lubbock on to Amarillo. Then the scenic route into New Mexico going through Taos area. I wish I could leave on the 5th.

Aight Fellers! tomorrow is the cut off for shirt order. I will have a few extra made of the common sizes just in case.
We have only lost a couple of people due to scheduling issues. We are now 29 Classic Cruisers strong.
Getting excited to see this happen..
Casey

Wrapping up some more work on the '76 FJ40 to get ready for a couple of trips, this Sunday and Monday (23rd and 24th) for a meet and baton hand-off with @Reznugget in Pagosa Springs, and for the SAS. Since my meet in Santa Fe with @POTATO LAUNCHER and his brother for the baton hand-off the FJ40's developed a knocking sound, what I believe is the original water pump (~64,400 miles on the vehicle) is finally going out and will be replaced probably tomorrow. I'll also finish pulling the radiator to have the drain petcock re-soldered to the bottom of the radiator to replace my last-minute temporary fix on the day of my Santa Fe meet. Along with that will be new hoses and clamps, an FJ60 oil cooler set-up, and new thermostat and housings. And while I'm down there, the long planned upgrade to an FJ60 distributor/coil/igniter and dented side cover, along with new plug wires. It looks like it's going to be three more busy days in a row for me.

Aight Fellers! tomorrow is the cut off for shirt order. I will have a few extra made of the common sizes just in case.
We have only lost a couple of people due to scheduling issues. We are now 29 Classic Cruisers strong.
Getting excited to see this happen..
Casey
I confirmed this morning that I will not be able to attend. I am extremely bummed to miss the inaugural SAS. I will be cancelling my reservation at 4J this morning so there should be a spot for those looking. Also, let me know what I owe for the shirt. You can give it to someone attending. Apologies gents, have fun.

I confirmed this morning that I will not be able to attend. I am extremely bummed to miss the inaugural SAS. I will be cancelling my reservation at 4J this morning so there should be a spot for those looking. Also, let me know what I owe for the shirt. You can give it to someone attending. Apologies gents, have fun.
Turns out I reserved two spots. One of them has been taken by a fellow mudder registered for the event but for those still looking, if you call 4js now, they should have a spot.

Steve

Thanks again Steve. 4Js already called me back & I'm all set.

John

Sorry to hear that Steve, thanks for sharing the info on your camp spot.
I'll adjust the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom