Show off you Original Window Sticker! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool thread. A friend of mine just bought a 78/40 and included in the paper work was the original window sticker (along with many reciepts of work done over the years).
I've never seen an original window sticker before and thought i would search to see what was here on the topic. Not surprised that there are many threads but thought that i should bring this one TTT for a cool thread.
I was not old enough to see a dealership with brand new fj40's on the lot, so this in a way puts you there.

Window Sticker.JPG

Super cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so can we connect some dots here. I've been trying to figure out the option codes that are on a label affixed to the inside of my glove box door (i don't have an original window sticker). Can any of you guys with original stickers (especially original owners) look at the options listed on the window sticker and then list the codes on the glove box label. if there are enough we should be able to at least figure some of them out.

Can't help you with the option codes, but just for giggles thought all y'all would be interested in my original window sticker (which I don't have to show), Retail price of my brand new 1970 FJ40 was $3,300.00, but I got it for $2810.00 because I worked for the Dealer.

Can't help you with the option codes, but just for giggles thought all y'all would be interested in my original window sticker (which I don't have to show), Retail price of my brand new 1970 FJ40 was $3,300.00, but I got it for $2810.00 because I worked for the Dealer.

Man that's only $17,172.21 in today's dollars. A hell of a bargain. you cant even get a POS Hyundai for that today.

US Inflation Calculator

Has anyone ever seen the CB40F (or CB40M) radio on an invoice/window sticker or know what the dealer installed price was (any year)? I know the 8-track and CB were dealer-installed options but have never seen a price listed.

This must be an older one I don't see a year on the window sticker. What year is it? I remember hearing that they didn't sell very fast at first. So they would be selling a 64 in 65 ect. So it makes sense not to put the year on the window sticker. Does this sound right.

Here's mine. The dealer added the only two dealer installed options they had available at the time for this price: locking hubs and a receiver hitch.

View attachment 707257
View attachment 707257

Hogan, back in the day Landcruisers went by production date rather than year model. Problem was a Landcruiser was built in Japan on a given day, then sat at their dock for 2 months, sat on a ship for two months, sat on our dock for 2 months, then sat on the dealership's back lot for two months. Sooooo, when the Landcruiser got sold in the USA, the dealer just called it the year model that it was sold.

Thanks for the 411

Hogan,

It never occurred to me that the model year wasn't included on the window sticker. In this case, it's a 1972 model. The manufacture date was 3/72 (the VIN number would place it round the middle of the month) and I got it the day it came off the ship in Jacksonville, Florida in mid-June 1972. That makes it 3 month from factory to dealership, but my dealership was in the port city. They called me in the morning and told me it was coming off the ship and would be at the dealership by noon and could be picked up anytime thereafter. Needless to say my new cruiser didn't even spend the night at the dealership; it was in my driveway before supper.

I really wish I'd had the fortitude at the time to buy a new one - I remember in 1980 , being a new driver and seeing one running around all shiny and cool . Maybe for the best , I was quite hard on the first car I owned - but it survived 13yrs of being beaten silly and 300,000 miles .
Sarge

Hogan,

It never occurred to me that the model year wasn't included on the window sticker. In this case, it's a 1972 model. The manufacture date was 3/72 (the VIN number would place it round the middle of the month) and I got it the day it came off the ship in Jacksonville, Florida in mid-June 1972. That makes it 3 month from factory to dealership, but my dealership was in the port city. They called me in the morning and told me it was coming off the ship and would be at the dealership by noon and could be picked up anytime thereafter. Needless to say my new cruiser didn't even spend the night at the dealership; it was in my driveway before supper.

Kayaker you've had it since new that's so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom