Sept 2016 4x4 Labs bumper group buy (1 Viewer)

Are you in for discounted group shipping your kit to Mesa, AZ right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a courtesy upvote for Luke. Standup guy. His bumper has sat on my rig for a while and has delivered on all promises.

@4x4labs - the only thing i dont like is the spare holder is this star pattern with these little stabby spikes. Aesthetics maybe but you can probably do better than the stab star

Hmmm... I am in need of a new front bumper but don't like the hiked-up, covered blinker look. I'll search around for some pics of lower "wing" builds and see. Thanks for doing the GB!

Hmmm... I am in need of a new front bumper but don't like the hiked-up, covered blinker look. I'll search around for some pics of lower "wing" builds and see. Thanks for doing the GB!
buy the kit and modify as needed ;)

KIMG0436.jpg

I was looking for more pictures of the one @richardlillard1 posted with the flat top.

Is this guy a mudder?

image-jpg.1110085

image-jpg.1110088

Can someone who has done the installation let me know if it is possible to fit the double swing out bumper by yourself or do you need a beautiful assistant.

I fitted the double swing out to the 80 myself using a floor jack and two 2x8s with 4x4 risers between them to get the bumper up to the height of the 80. Wasn't bad at all.

Just placed my order for a 100 series rear kit w/2 swing outs.

Did not see any opportunity to specify terminal pickup vs home delivery - but would welcome the chance to do that!

Thanks!!

Tim

Can someone who has done the installation let me know if it is possible to fit the double swing out bumper by yourself or do you need a beautiful assistant.

Show us pictures of 'beautiful assistant' and we will be the judge of that.

I was looking for more pictures of the one @richardlillard1 posted with the flat top.

Is this guy a mudder?

image-jpg.1110085

image-jpg.1110088

You mean this one?

IMG_0595.JPG

And they say a radius arm setup won't flex.

More.
IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

Ignore the 4Runner guy wondering what the hell I did to my poor rocker panels.

Another one.
IMG_0594.JPG

I probably have more. I know he added material in some spots and took away in others. Not the easiest thing to explain and he's expressed he has no interest in making another one, so it's not like his next one could be documented.

Whatever, he's a fart knocker anyway.

Ordered mine tonight, thanks for organizing this!

My pleasure. I just hope this works out for everyone.

Luke has answered everyday I called so he seems on the up n up, like nukegoat mentioned earlier. Sure the website seems to have a few issues here and there, but that stuff can be fixed. So far, I am just happy about the great communication with him.

yeah, that's the one, thanks for posting. Looks sweet. I imagine that changes up the standard build quite a bit.

yeah, that's the one, thanks for posting. Looks sweet. I imagine that changes up the standard build quite a bit.

I'm not really sure. He pissed and moaned for a while about how much work it was, but now he's all proud of it.

Also, he cut the frame back some, angled it to give it a little more approach angle.

Was someone planning to let him know?:hillbilly:

Tools, when that pallet shows up on your doorstep I wouldn't complain any... But I also would quickly forget that I received it!:hillbilly:

On another note... PLEASE tell me you were asked BEFORE this went out o_O

Tools, when that pallet shows up on your doorstep I wouldn't complain any... But I also would quickly forget that I received it!:hillbilly:

On another note... PLEASE tell me you were asked BEFORE this went out o_O

I PM'd him, he said all is cool. He has limited space so we just have to pickup our stuff as soon as it arrives.

Hey @WYONewbie, you voted to have your bumper shipped to Mesa. Kinda odd, since your profile says your in Wyoming. I sent you a PM a couple days ago, still waiting on a response (also just sent another one). I could make many assumptions since you have 8 messages in 2 months, but let me know if your really "in" on this group shipping by tomorrow morning.

You can leave the swing arms off to make it lighter, then install after you have the shell mounted. The shell isn't all that heavy, its just awkward because of the angle and you don't really have anything to get a hold of with your hands.

FYI: Group Shipping discount to Mesa, AZ is just about closed.

FJ80 front bumper design has been modified so that the blinkers show like the white one in those pics. The very first prototype front bumper was for my own rig and I wanted it as high as possible so I built it high and tight. There were a few others that went out high like that but the design was changed shortly after.
All of our production bumpers are the slightly lower wing version so the blinkers aren't obscured.

-luke@4x4labs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom