Sept 2016 4x4 Labs bumper group buy (1 Viewer)

Are you in for discounted group shipping your kit to Mesa, AZ right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the measurements on the holes in the shell...making some progress and it is looking good

View attachment 1347482

Very Nice! I'm pretty much at the exact same point. grinding all those welds down to nice rounded corners took some time...

Ha, I cranked on it yesterday, got everything welded up and 90% painted. I will finish painting it tonight and install. The only thing I am not sure on is where to install the hi lift jack, but I will figure that our once the bumper is on the truck.

20161106_120339.jpg

Ha, I cranked on it yesterday, got everything welded up and 90% painted. I will finish painting it tonight and install. The only thing I am not sure on is where to install the hi lift jack, but I will figure that our once the bumper is on the truck.

Great progress! I haven't got that far yet. My spindles are in, main bumper welded. Working on a few mods and contemplating a few more before going any further - taking the slow route to have something a tad different.

Once again, Luke does not disappoint. He called my phone to follow up and make sure I got the new bumper shell. That's some awesome customer service.

anybody got measurements on the struts? i measure 12" open and 8 3/8" closed based on drilling and tapping according to the instructions. the challenge i have is twofold, first, the actual strutt measure 9" point to point closed and secondly the strutts i have say 150lb but i cant get them to budge. i realize i am lame, but thought i would see how lame...thoughts?

Is the group buy still on? After camping this weekend on a remote island, I realized I need a double jerry can holder.

I just called Luke. he said he closed this a couple days ago. He said another is planned a couple weeks around xmas.

anybody got measurements on the struts? i measure 12" open and 8 3/8" closed based on drilling and tapping according to the instructions. the challenge i have is twofold, first, the actual strutt measure 9" point to point closed and secondly the strutts i have say 150lb but i cant get them to budge. i realize i am lame, but thought i would see how lame...thoughts?

There is (was) 2 different size struts. I assume you are using the copper state cruiser instructions from way back when. Anyway, on there it gives 2 measurements that worked for me. one is like 2.25" from edge of SPINDLE the other is something like 12" from edge of outer SHELL (with a 15" strut). it was weird the measurement was taken from 2 diff places. also, there was some cool "cam action" steps included in there as well that worked good.

4x4labs rear bumper build

ha...i was just being lazy, I re drilled the arms and it works like a charm...here are my leftovers. I know the bracket is for the hi lift that ill mount once I figure out where I want it, but what are the tabs for?

parts.jpg

ha...i was just being lazy, I re drilled the arms and it works like a charm...here are my leftovers. I know the bracket is for the hi lift that ill mount once I figure out where I want it, but what are the tabs for?

View attachment 1354662
Tabs are for antennas or lights

Any chance there will be a xmas discount run?

I'd also be very interested in participating!

Is it worthwhile for one of us to contact 4x4labs to inquire - or would that be a no-no?

Yes, and start a new thread if a new group buy gets going as well. This will help you get more interest.

Yes, and start a new thread if a new group buy gets going as well. This will help you get more interest.

I'm definitely in for another group buy for a rear double swing kit in the next month or so.

I would be in. Want to swap my small basket for a triple jerry can basket.

I would be interested in group buy

I spoke to Luke yesterday and I'm looking to purchase a rear bumper for a FJ80 and I see there are a bunch of people looking also. Can we start up another group buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom