Seat Belt Replacement: Recommendations (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My driver seat seatbelt is beyond nasty. 20+ years driven by the previous owners, I think it's beyond cleaning.

Does anyone have any affordable recommendations for replacement?

Clean them or New OEM.

They have and explosive charge in them. They can not be altered, modified or replaced with used ones. See: FSM!

I've two front used tan ones. They're were changed just because old. Only reason, I still have them. I've not yet disarmed for disposal.

Last edited:
My driver seat seatbelt is beyond nasty. 20+ years driven by the previous owners, I think it's beyond cleaning.

Does anyone have any affordable recommendations for replacement?

I used LCH and was very happy with the results for my drivers belt. I don't have a before and after photo, but the restored belt is not quite to the "like new" level, but pretty dang close.

For the 3 other belts, I extended them all the way out and closed the door on them so they were hanging outside the truck. Then sprayed them down with water and chemical guys fabric cleaner. Used a brush attachment on my drill to clean, then rinse, repeat as necessary. Worked quite well. Opted for the LCH restoration on the driver belt because it needed more than a cleaning - the self retract was very weak.

Soak the belts in a solution of purple power. Simply place the bucket behind the seat (second row), pull the belt out of the roller, use a clip to prevent its retraction. Submerge the entire length of the belt, leave few hours(Overnight is best), brush both sides, wash with clean water and call it done.

Soak the belts in a solution of purple power. Simply place the bucket behind the seat (second row), pull the belt out of the roller, use a clip to prevent its retraction. Submerge the entire length of the belt, leave few hours(Overnight is best), brush both sides, wash with clean water and call it done.

May give that a shot. Thanks!

I used LCH and was very happy with the results for my drivers belt. I don't have a before and after photo, but the restored belt is not quite to the "like new" level, but pretty dang close.

For the 3 other belts, I extended them all the way out and closed the door on them so they were hanging outside the truck. Then sprayed them down with water and chemical guys fabric cleaner. Used a brush attachment on my drill to clean, then rinse, repeat as necessary. Worked quite well. Opted for the LCH restoration on the driver belt because it needed more than a cleaning - the self retract was very weak.

Thanks! I might try that. LCH if I can't get it clean enough.

That's what I followed for mine. Unbelievable difference, back to being softer/more pliable. They're as good as the belts in my wife's car that's 18 years newer now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom