SOLD SC: 1962 FJ40 Patina Resto-mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
North Augusta, South Carolina United States
Mileage
Color
Beige
Unfortunately the time has come for me to part with my very unique rust free patina’d 1962 FST. I love this 40 and it pains me to let her go but it doesn’t get used nearly as much as it should and I have some other projects I’d like to pursue. So here’s the chance to own a truly one of a kind 40.

Basic specs

-13B-T with Rebuilt Injection Pump/ injectors and fully resealed all new hoses throughout.
-Good used H55 resealed and shifts smoothly with no noises, new clutch kit, machined flywheel, rear main seal, pilot bearing, etc
-rebuilt splitcase
-40 series factory Power Steering Box fresh rebuild
-late 40 series Front Disc full rebuild with Koyo bearings
-70 series Full Float Disc Rear full rebuild with Koyo bearings
-Front and Rear e-lockers converted to cable actuated shifters
-Old Emu 2 1/2" Lift, Bushings, Perches/U-Bolts and Shackles
-Custom Roll Cage
-Full 60 series PTO
-brand new Tacoma 16” steelies and 255/85r16 KM3s
-New starter and alternator
-New custom length drives shafts with new u-joints
-Uber cool Safari Split Windshield
-Custom Buffalo plaid seat covers with custom rear bench seat

Mechanically this 40 has been completely gone through by me and is fully dialed in. Aesthetically I think she is a patina master piece, 60 years of perfectly aged Cruiser awesomeness. She spent the first 57 years of here life in AZ desert letting her retain a truly rust free body and has been stored in my shop since I took ownership.

A Couple of items to note:
- I do have a set of FST doors to go with it. They are currently being reskinned by my upholstery guy.

-Prior to my ownership the glow screen system was removed so if it is cold out she will smoke a little until warmed up. I’ve not had a problem getting her to crank up even down into the upper 20s.

-The front cable locker can be tricky to engage sometimes requiring you to turn the steering wheel back forth to get things to engage.

- The split-windshield while super cool and rare doesn’t seal particularly well in heavy rain. Though I think it’s a small price to pay for the coolness 😎

I do run a Cruiser shop full time now so if you are interested in the 40 but would prefer having changes or upgrades done I am fully capable of providing those.

Located in North Augusta, SC
Asking 45K OBO
Will consider partial trades for a clean FJ60/62

Please shoot me a PM with any questions!

Lots of pictures here: 1962 FJ40 FST 13b-t - https://photos.app.goo.gl/2roPwhuHEETp6HTF9

4B2D008B-19CE-4720-9DEA-34D38183D5A5.jpeg

F7E861DB-E2CF-4645-B276-659DC31BF3D6.jpeg

49A001F6-6BBF-4BDD-BF8A-D6A2324D6176.jpeg

DC7B3DAF-A305-4610-8630-16FACA4E623B.jpeg

32B52118-3B51-4F3C-AF9C-D38548E5E4FE.jpeg

Last edited:
This is such a cool truck JP! I was reading the ad without knowing it was you. At the end, I thought it looked like something you might do and behold it IS you! Good luck with the sale. I would love it, but have too many LC's as it is.

Who is the lucky new owner. Hope it gets some trail time!

That is one of the coolest rigs I've seen in a while. Only thing missing is an intercooler.
Thanks Gifu! I’m certainly going to miss the old girl as she is one of a kind but it’s headed to a good home! Plus I’m getting a pretty unique Cruiser in her place 😎

Who is the lucky new owner. Hope it gets some trail time!
I’ll let the new owner post up when they are ready but I will say the 40 is headed to Land Cruiser paradise at least in my opinion. A land of epic scenery and endless trails 😀

Bump! Considering selling this special rig.

PM me for early sale before I post full thread!

Brett

One more bump before I post my own thread!! Sorry I'm being lazy JP...

Would consider partial trade for a built 80!

Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom