Rice's 1FZ-FE rebuild Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

glad it all worked out well. sorry I couldn't be there to help with all the connectors

Rice, when are you going to put up your pictures? I know you were snapping away :D

We are missing a picture of Johnny with the torque wrench and that awesome kid look on his face. Anyone get that?

Great video except for the awful music.
You don't like "Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy? Funny thing is, I can't remember a time where I played any music to this group and didn't get a "that sucks" response. Admittedly 99% of those statements were @JohnVee and what the hell does he know about music?

You don't like "Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy? Funny thing is, I can't remember a time where I played any music to this group and didn't get a "that sucks" response. Admittedly 99% of those statements were @JohnVee and what the hell does he know about music?
For the video where Rice adds the turbo, can you play "Firestarter"?

Try "Prodigal Sons" out of Charlotte.....The Prodigal Sons | Facebook. Thats real music

Another snow day.....what is Rice doing to pass the time?

Another snow day.....what is Rice doing to pass the time?

No one in this crowd is going to believe it but ..... I went to school. Wrote some recommendation letters for kids wishing to beat my pay grade, wrote a couple tests, blah, blah et al.

Now I'm home .... I have a couple "punch list" items I wish to knock out on the 80. New engine has about 75 miles on it now and will be coming due for an oil change and check over all the seams and crevasses for leaks.

I also have a "hunch" and will report back how that plays out.

Rice

I hate that Jason had to see the look on my face at first start up. After a night of sleeping on it and rolling things over repeatedly in my head I just kept coming back to the same conclusion .... there's no way I let the timing components get mixed up in this build. Something else is causing it. I had to find it because, quite frankly, my confidence as an engine guy was taking a big hit.

Purrs beautifully now.

Power steering fluid was low.

Much happier.

If your hunch is loose bellhousing bolts, i blame Jason. That was when he was going thru his One Eyed Willie pirate phase of the day.

I hate that Jason had to see the look on my face at first start up. After a night of sleeping on it and rolling things over repeatedly in my head I just kept coming back to the same conclusion .... there's no way I let the timing components get mixed up in this build. Something else is causing it. I had to find it because, quite frankly, my confidence as an engine guy was taking a big hit.

Purrs beautifully now.

Much happier.

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!

DUUUUUUDE!!!! That is absolutely fan freakin tastic!!!!

Yeeeaaaahhhhh Man. !!!!!

Awesome. We even discussed concretes fate but thats nuts. Another noise i would not have expected from such a simple cause

I did keep finding it on its side and leaking..... should have known to check.

Such awesome news .... now on to worry free BOOST

Purrs beautifully now.

Much happier.

BADASS!!!! Huge weight lifted off your shoulders I'm sure.

Must have another video now :D

I am sure your sigh of relief was palpable. Very cool, that kind of thing can drive ya bug nuts if you let it.

Purrs beautifully now.

Much happier.
So glad it worked out that well Rice ! I think I saw that smile from here even through the clouds :) .

glad to hear it....

Now for a thread title change to Rice's 1FZ-FE-T thread!

Bring on the Booosssstttt in two weeks ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom