Builds Resto-mod on my 55 has begun (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Using factory panel for access panel only to get in tank to mount pick ups, line in/out. Gonna need to figure out a sending unit set up to go to bottom of tank..

IMG_9990.JPG

Probably gonna have another access hole for the sending unit in the rear of the tank where it's the deepest. At that point it's around 10" or so deep. Might not need another hole in the body floor for this one though. This access hole is just to reach in to attach the flange going on the front of the tank for fuel lines/pump and such.

Steering arms done. Boxed and welded on to some 4340 arms I had. Have an extra mounting hole for future hydro-assist. Had to make pockets to get cone washers/nuts on.

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Last edited:
Update: front now a 3-link w/panhard. The steering was just kicking our ass for a streetable driver. Steering now working correctly and linkage is dialed in from factory column/wheel. Brake master had clearance issues with engine cage so an angle bracket was fabbed. I'll get more pics soon. Will be done with body real soon so I need to get paint color picked out and bought. Next two weeks plumbing will start for brake and fuel lines.

IMG_0884.JPG

Last edited:
Getting panels put on and some hardware together. Gotta fab radiator mounts and fix broken bolts/tabs. At least stuffs getting done. Going to bring motor/trans back and put in so we can check clearances and fab what we need. Battery, compressor...etc. we're gonna mess around with some ideas..

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

I think we're going to get it together first and running before paint. There's more welding that needs to be done all over. Bumpers, exhaust, roof rack, various tabs and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom