replacing flange on front 3rd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hello<

1st time in a knucle.....

is there no way to replace the bearings on the birf? see arrow

does part number 54 come with those pieces attached?
080A2.gif

Last edited:
Mel, you might see how they feel after flushing out all the old grease and regreasing them. I cleaned mine in a parts washer, blew them out with air, put the stub axle in a vise and used the needle attachment on my grease gun to injeact grease around the balls and "star" as I rotated the inner axle. I was amazed at how much grease they would take.
I don't think you can rebuild them as the wear could occur on any of the three components (the bell, the balls and the inner "star"), but that's just a guess.

Ed

What kind of "play" are you feeling in the birf? There will be a slight amount of "in-out" play on the axle and I wouldn't worry about that but the axle shouldn't come out of the birf much more than say 1/16". If it does perhaps the inner clip is busted or missing. Pulling the axle out of the birf is a bit of a pain. If it comes out easily and with no remnants of the wire clip then that is likely your problem.

I do not see how it was possible for the pinion to slide all the way inside housing and get sideways ? I mean there just aint enough room .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom