Replacement side mirror recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Both of the side mirrors on my ‘84 FJ60 broke off. I did a little searching and found these on EBay:

Any other recommendations before I order these? I don’t love the fact that they’re cheap reproductions but I also don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on NOS replacements. Thanks!

I used these when I put new mirrors on my truck and for the price they are definitely better than stock but not as nice as the OEM mirrors on an Fj62:

Next time I'll probably go with these:

Unless you're love with that lame original FJ60 side mirror design, get a pair of aftermarket FJ62 mirrors. With the 62 mirrors you'll actually be able to see stuff behind you

In order of suckiness:

1 - Stock FJ60 Mirrors. Suckiest.
2 - Aftermarket (Taiwan) FJ62 reproductions - Ok, but often seem to slip out of adjustment and a PITA to re-adjust
3 - Stock OEM FJ62 Mirror - Pretty damn good. Solid. Once adjusted, stay adjusted
3 - Euro-spec OE Mirror - Some of the best, IMHO. Very pricey, but work great and are convex, like modern mirrors so you can see the usual azzholes in BMW or Prius who impatiently cut you off cuz you're too slow. It's what I have now.

FWIW, I also added one of these tinted, wide-angle rearview (Broadway Brand) for complete 180* (pretty much)

1597085923334.png

I had a pair of aftermarket 62 mirrors, lol. Adds new meaning to "fun park mirrors". Someone bumped one in the the parking lot and that was the end of it. I was disappointed with them, but they were better than the stock USA OEM ones.

Another vote for the City Racer sourced manual 62 mirrors. It's a night and day difference in rearward visibility. If you ever do any trailer towing or backing, they're the best answer, especially if it's a smaller trailer.

Surprised nobody has mentioned 70 Series mirrors

My 81 BJ60 mirrors don't fold back. So the question is, if I hit a tree what happens first -- will the mirror break or will it just get pushed so it does panel damage to the door? I think they need to be replaced... so I'm in this boat too.

Maybe more helpful if someone would post a link to a source for the 70 mirrors

I remember a previous post on the 70 mirrors but I didn't bookmark it, apparently they don't contour the door panel 100% but pretty close.

I just put on some Euro mirrors yesterday and got out for a decent drive this morning and they are awesome in comparison. Plus, I like the way they look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom