RED on the Head like!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe it's time to replace the points, cap, rotor, etc. ? Distributors wear out and can misfire. It sure seems like you've replaced everything in the fuel department.

Yeah, now that you’ve basically eliminated the fuel circuit, it’s time to take care of the ignition.
Check you points and condenser and replace if necessary, Like Scraps said. Set the dwell, and then set your timing, and then readjust your idle circuit on the carb. While you have the diz cap off, check for play in the diz shaft, and check that the lobes for the points arm are still in good condition. If everything there checks out and nothing is telling you that the diz needs pulled and gone through, be sure to add a small smear of grease to those lobes.

Check all the wires and plugs and replace those if necessary.

Maybe it's time to replace the points, cap, rotor, etc. ? Distributors wear out and can misfire. It sure seems like you've replaced everything in the fuel department.
Just put plugs in, didnt have wires or cap! I am gonna put Rotor in today and order coil and cap and whatever else. Thing idles smoothly,good vac, just seems to want to cut in 3rd at higher rpms. So i stomp on it to keep it going.

I’ve alway heard you could set the points by using the edge of a book of matches, but I could never get that to work. Had way better results with a dwell meter.

CF508FC7-9F77-4E99-9D91-4DA81785CE99.jpeg

They meant Wooden matches 😘🤣🤣🤣! Never been so Stumped WTF! Never had a Cruiser Die on me like this 🤨🤔🧐😉. My 78 FJ40 left me on side of road 1 time! Came back next day started poking around and pushed down on connection for fuel cut-off solenoid ****er started right up 😲😯😳🤔🧐😉. Thats it! Never Stranded! I'll 👉🐖👈er it out 😘🤔🧐😘.

I’ve alway heard you could set the points by using the edge of a book of matches, but I could never get that to work. Had way better results with a dwell meter.

View attachment 3492044
Used a dime on Bonnie’s Karmann Ghia one night.

Yeah, I've used a match book cover before, must be something out of the 50s.
That was the old trick on VW points, yup 👍🏻

Cant recall the last time I saw a book of matches :hmm:

Before you go through the trouble of a tank cleaning just bypass it and use a can of gas as a source. It’s just a quick test but it can prove out your suspicion about the fuel source.

If anyone any figure sh!t out in the sty it’s you Bob. Take a step back…go back to the basics of air-fuel-fire, think of the simple stuff and you figure it out. 👍👍👍

Fuel!! I got 3 filters 1 prior to electric fuel pump, 1 mid stream and 1 in front of carb! Checked spark today and have it. Sprayed carb cleaner in new carb today and it fired right up then died. When I ran it the other day it ran while warming and slowly died out. Plus fuel pump is quieter than before. Tank will be easy to drain and Douche with vinegar 🧐🤔😳😘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom