Rear-end saggy on LX450 - OEM springs NLA - Aftermarket Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

The rear-end of my LX is beginning to look saggy and it's bothering me. I've replaced all four shocks with Rancho RS5000's but haven't replaced the original springs yet. After looking online, I can't find any parts stores that carry standard replacement springs, and toyota/lexus parts stores say that only the LR coil spring is still available for purchase but the RR is discontinued.

I'd like to replace the original springs with a max of 1" lift springs if affordable, but factory-height springs would be just fine with me if they're less expensive.

Also, looking for recommendations on knuckle rebuild/inner axel seal kits. Site links are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance for any responders!

Yup, the OME stock-height springs should be the go-to replacement. Dobinson's also makes a stock-height replacement as well, if I recall.

I went from stock sagging springs with 30mm spacers to the OME stock height 862 (I checked 862 confirmed) they are the dual rate 0-1" with a little heavier spring rate. I like me them a lot. Just higher than stock with spacer unloaded. I'm pretty light on the back end unloaded then takes the weight much better when loaded

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

The rear-end of my LX is beginning to look saggy and it's bothering me. I've replaced all four shocks with Rancho RS5000's but haven't replaced the original springs yet. After looking online, I can't find any parts stores that carry standard replacement springs, and toyota/lexus parts stores say that only the LR coil spring is still available for purchase but the RR is discontinued.

I'd like to replace the original springs with a max of 1" lift springs if affordable, but factory-height springs would be just fine with me if they're less expensive.

Also, looking for recommendations on knuckle rebuild/inner axel seal kits. Site links are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance for any responders!

Please take a look above for the VENDORS section, as these are folks that SUPPORT our community.

There are LOTS of threads on springs and lifts or non-lifts and how to make your 80 series the best it can be for what YOU want it to be.

There is a SEARCH function on the upper right that also works well if you are looking for something specific.

There are many folks on here that are willing to help, however, they may bag on you for not searching. Please do at least give it a half-assed attempt to find something before you ask everyone what size tire to run or what the best oil is.

For stock height springs, OME (Old Man Emu) is one manufacturer that there are a few vendors that carry them. I second the @cruiseroutfit reference for the front axle parts.

Please let us know what your ability levels are or if your intent is to pay others to do the work. It makes a difference on how we approach what you're doing and who we send you to.

Good Luck. and Welcome! :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

I went from stock sagging springs with 30mm spacers to the OME stock height 861??? Going from memory they are the dual rate 0-1" with a little heavier spring rate. I like me them a lot. Just higher than stock with spacer unloaded. I'm pretty light on the back end unloaded then takes the weight much better when loaded

Perfect, that's very helpful.

Please do at least give it a half-assed attempt to find something before you ask everyone what size tire to run or what the best oil is.

Always do. Which reminds me, which oil IS best? :rofl:

48231-6A080 are the rear spring part numbers. Available in the US market.

Thank you so much for finding these parts! I had been having a heck of a time tracking down OEM springs that weren't NLA.

I will say after just replacing my stock springs with OME 861/862 I don't know why you would ever want to go back with originals. My 80 was a floaty mess before and with only 140K. Here is a comparison for you (rear springs and a shot of the truck with the ome springs installed):

20180108_170637.jpg
20180108_182409.jpg

will say after just replacing my stock springs with OME 861/862 I don't know why you would ever want to go back with originals. My 80 was a floaty mess before and with only 140K. Here is a comparison for you (rear springs and a shot of the truck with the ome springs installed):

Great shot for comparison! I'm definitely thinking OME is the way to go.

OME 861/862 stock height springs are a HUGE upgrade over stock, there is no downside. Makes the truck drive and handle like it just shed 1000lbs of weight. No more dive/squat/roll handling characteristics, and it's not rough either.

OME 861/862 stock height springs are a HUGE upgrade over stock, there is no downside. Makes the truck drive and handle like it just shed 1000lbs of weight. No more dive/squat/roll handling characteristics, and it's not rough either.

Should I do all four springs at the same time or can I do just the rears for now and then the fronts next month? (2018 budgeting is a b***h).

Also, will I need to upgrade my shocks or get an alignment? I just recently installed new Rancho RS5000's for stock height.

Should I do all four springs at the same time or can I do just the rears for now and then the fronts next month? (2018 budgeting is a b***h).

Also, will I need to upgrade my shocks or get an alignment? I just recently installed new Rancho RS5000's for stock height.

If its only a month you might a well wait and do all four at the same time. Save yourself from repeating the effort.

If its only a month you might a well wait and do all four at the same time. Save yourself from repeating the effort.

Valid point haha. I just can't stand that rear sag haha.

Do it all at once, OME stock height works with stock or stock replacement shocks, no castor correction needed, nothing buy castor should change for alignment specs as it's solid axles front and back, it's really not an expensive upgrade when compared to an actual lift. Slee's website has a great set of instructions for installing springs.

Do it all at once, OME stock height works with stock or stock replacement shocks, no castor correction needed, nothing buy castor should change for alignment specs as it's solid axles front and back, it's really not an expensive upgrade when compared to an actual lift. Slee's website has a great set of instructions for installing springs.

What is the difference between 861 and 862? I found the OME specs table but I'm not sure I fully understand it. I'd like to have a slightly higher stance (maybe an inch). Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 how the springs differ and what lift I'd be looking at?

861 are replacements for the front, 862 are for the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom