Projects while keeping distance (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do both Toyota dealers in town seriously not stock their own nuts and bolts? I had to 3 day order all the new bolts for the lower shock mounts. What if a service customer needed one replaced? "Sorry, 3 days?"
When I order at AmToy I have my parts the next day.

Usually if its in the LA warehouse it takes 2 days. I think there is a Denver warehouse and if they get the order in before 2pm I think then itll be here next day. Some parts are in depots in other parts of the country and that can be 3 to 5 days.

I got my front brakes done this afternoon. I used auto zone parts due to lack of funds couple years ago and had a death wobble. I went with Power Stop sever truck and tow kit. Will see how they hold up but they feel way better.

View attachment 2362802

Nice and purdy! Please update your signature line so that we know more about your rig as that'll help others. I'm assuming this is on a Taco?

Nice and purdy! Please update your signature line so that we know more about your rig as that'll help others. I'm assuming this is on a Taco?

4th gen 4Runner actually! I'll try to figure out the signature thing. Here's another pic.

20200526_145316.jpg

I'll try to figure out the signature thing. Here's another pic.

Nice 4Runner. More about what you have done to it. Do we have a "howdy" thread for you?

See pic on fixing your sig line. It's really easy. At the top right you will see your user name. Click on it. At the bottom of the menu it says signature. Click and type away.

sig.jpg

Nice 4Runner. More about what you have done to it. Do we have a "howdy" thread for you?

See pic on fixing your sig line. It's really easy. At the top right you will see your user name. Click on it. At the bottom of the menu it says signature. Click and type away.

Thanks that was helpful, but it cut me way short lol. Here's what I intended to type. Had to edit most of it out.

'08 4Runner SR5. 2.5 Icon coilovers, 2.5 Icon resi w/ adjusters in rear w/ Icon 2" springs. 1" ToyTec body lift. SPC UCA's. BMC. Panhard bar correction kit from eimkeith on T4R. SS +2 brake lines all around. Coastal Off-Road front bumper, White Knuckle Off-Road sliders, Rigd Ultraswing w/ Rago Fab modular plate and camp table. Stealth Custom Series Ray 10's (17x9 -38, no they don't rub lol) 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. K&N CAI, Flowmaster 50 suv muffler w/ black tip.

I'm sure there's little stuff I'm forgetting. I got on here last year, I did introduce myself and have been mainly lurking ever since. I'm planning to make the next breakfast hopefully.

Thanks that was helpful, but it cut me way short lol. Here's what I intended to type. Had to edit most of it out.

'08 4Runner SR5. 2.5 Icon coilovers, 2.5 Icon resi w/ adjusters in rear w/ Icon 2" springs. 1" ToyTec body lift. SPC UCA's. BMC. Panhard bar correction kit from eimkeith on T4R. SS +2 brake lines all around. Coastal Off-Road front bumper, White Knuckle Off-Road sliders, Rigd Ultraswing w/ Rago Fab modular plate and camp table. Stealth Custom Series Ray 10's (17x9 -38, no they don't rub lol) 285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. K&N CAI, Flowmaster 50 suv muffler w/ black tip.

I'm sure there's little stuff I'm forgetting. I got on here last year, I did introduce myself and have been mainly lurking ever since. I'm planning to make the next breakfast hopefully.

Nice 4th gen. Did you weld your Coastal high clearance front? I'm interested in that Rigid Ultraswing. I need a rear tire carrier that doesn't cost as much as a new daily driver.

Nice 4th gen. Did you weld your Coastal high clearance front? I'm interested in that Rigid Ultraswing. I need a rear tire carrier that doesn't cost as much as a new daily driver.

Sure did, first big welding project. The Ultraswing is nice. I got it second hand for $1100 a few months ago (cost about $1400 with the options I got). Does not rattle and has lots of functionality. I would like a full rear bumper but can never justify the price. Wicked expensive.

The ultraswing is $1100 and a Coastal DIY rear bumper with two swing outs is $1249. :hmm:

Last edited:
The ultraswing is $1100 and a Coastal DIY rear bumper with two swing outs is $1249. :hmm:

Comes to about $1400 said and done. I'll probably eventually do it. That said, some guys on T4R welded swing arms to the rear frame cross member and retained the bumper cover and it looks awesome. Might do that instead. Like this:

20200708_094753.jpg

agreed, I like that solution more than a hitch only solution.

Next week the truck goes into Toyomaster. My rear seal is leaking, bad. "While in there" I'm going to have a new clutch installed even though it doesn't have that many miles on it. "While I'm in there," ya know. Yes, I can do the job. But I can't get the truck into the garage, and frankly, I just don't wanna.

GRRRRRRRRR! Not the rear main seal. That's dry. It's the input seal on my rather new Marlin Crawler rebuilt transmission. The problem is when they go to buy the seal they will run my VIN and come up with 90311-30115, which would be for the W56 tranny that came in my truck. I have a "turbo" R151F which uses a 90311-32012. I think Chris is on the right page at the moment.

Of course, AmToy doesn't have it in stock.

GRRRRRRRRR! Not the rear main seal. That's dry. It's the input seal on my rather new Marlin Crawler rebuilt transmission. The problem is when they go to buy the seal they will run my VIN and come up with 90311-30115, which would be for the W56 tranny that came in my truck. I have a "turbo" R151F which uses a 90311-32012. I think Chris is on the right page at the moment.

Of course, AmToy doesn't have it in stock.
That sucks. Still should be an easy fix. What brand of clutch are you replacing with?

That sucks. Still should be an easy fix. What brand of clutch are you replacing with?
AISIN aftermarket. My only choice, behind Toyota of course.

How much is a welder and supplies to do this?

You can pick up a crackerbox welder used for around $250. Another $50 for a hood and about 10 bucks in rod.

Some of the folks in the club have the equipment and are happy to help, all you gotta do is ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom