Projects while keeping distance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No good deed goes unpunished 😞
Drill that nail if it’s a throbber

No good deed goes unpunished 😞
Drill that nail if it’s a throbber
It only throbbed for a couple hours and if I let my hand hang too low below my heart. It's just ugly now. And I'm not sure I trust you guys telling me to drill a hole in my nail. I can see that going very badly.

It only throbbed for a couple hours and if I let my hand hang too low below my heart. It's just ugly now. And I'm not sure I trust you guys telling me to drill a hole in my nail. I can see that going very badly.
That’s what I thought the first time too then I did it and it was like ooo mama!! If yours quit throbbing then you should be ok... it’s when they get worse day after day that drilling them is 👍👍👍👍. It’s actually very simple to do, I think I used a dremel only gotta break the surface

I took Grant's advice with the dremmel and did the same thing. Trust us on this one, drill the hole and MAN UP MISTER :rofl: Be sure to do it in front of queasy people. I had one guy run away from the kitchen while his wife just laughed at her big, burly of a husband.

I took Grant's advice with the dremmel and did the same thing. Trust us on this one, drill the hole and MAN UP MISTER :rofl: Be sure to do it in front of queasy people. I had one guy run away from the kitchen while his wife just laughed at her big, burly of a husband.
But what if you're the queasy one?

Yeah, this doesn't surprise me.

Installed a pair of seats from a 2006 Land Rover LR3. Ver1.0 tested out and worked well and ver 2.0 will finalize the design then I'll paint the mounting brackets. These seats offer uber lumbar and upper back support while providing bun warmers, which I'll hook up sometime later. The latest trip to AZBDR proved out the seats quite well, no back pain or discomfort whatsoever. LR seats has dozen wires while the 80 has only two so it took a while to sort all this out! I'll do a complete write up in the 80 section some day.

These seats are a tad tall for a low roof line like a 4runner or a 80. LR3s have tall roofs so if you're 6'+, these might not work for you unless you lay the back down a tad. These seats move WAY further back the 80 seats.

1593435397982.png
1593435421804.png
1593435463525.png
1593435509237.png

Last edited:
Installed a pair of seats from a 2006 Land Rover LR3. Ver1.0 tested out and worked well and ver 2.0 will finalize the design then I'll paint the mounting brackets. These seats offer uber lumbar and upper back support while providing bun warmers, which I'll hook up sometime later. The latest trip to AZBDR proved out the seats quite well, no back pain or discomfort whatsoever. LR seats has dozen wires while the 80 has only two so it took a while to sort all this out! I'll do a complete write up in the 80 section some day.

These seats are a tad tall for a low roof line like a 4runner. LR3s have tall roofs so if you're 6'+, these might not work for you unless you lay the back down a tad. These seats move WAY further back the 80 seats.

View attachment 2355764 View attachment 2355765 View attachment 2355766 View attachment 2355767

Great job! My Lexus came stock with some pretty comfortable seats.

Installed a pair of seats from a 2006 Land Rover LR3. Ver1.0 tested out and worked well and ver 2.0 will finalize the design then I'll paint the mounting brackets. These seats offer uber lumbar and upper back support while providing bun warmers, which I'll hook up sometime later. The latest trip to AZBDR proved out the seats quite well, no back pain or discomfort whatsoever. LR seats has dozen wires while the 80 has only two so it took a while to sort all this out.

I gotta give this to Ali. I saw the seats in person and that install was slick. Nice job.

New springs on the 4R. My knees were not liking the 4" lift, and my back protested the stiff AllPro springs. OME heavy are installed and I'm waiting for them to settle. I was hoping to knock ~2" off the lift. Springs were replaced with new spring pins in the front, and all Toyota rubber bushings. We will see how they hold up compared to the poly.

Other projects include my auxiliary gas tank. I've been having a leak at the fill neck. I thought it was just the rubber coupling. Turns out the neck was solid rust under the coupling. The tank fill was OK, but the neck was not. After a little clean up I had to weld in a giant hole, and some smaller ones. I also added a shut off valve from the aux to the primary to make changing the filter easier. Changed the filter too. Later I will need to drop the tank. All the hoses (4) are 30 years old and very brittle. I also want to modify the tank for an extra gallon, or so.

Yesterday she got a valve adjustment.

Next week the truck goes into Toyomaster. My rear seal is leaking, bad. "While in there" I'm going to have a new clutch installed even though it doesn't have that many miles on it. "While I'm in there," ya know. Yes, I can do the job. But I can't get the truck into the garage, and frankly, I just don't wanna.

20200630_095924-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer about you not getting the 2" lift you wanted. If they don't settle, what are your plans?

Bummer about you not getting the 2" lift you wanted. If they don't settle, what are your plans?
They have settled nicely as of today. I've only had it around town, and 1" has come off. It already feels better getting in and out. The springs also seem to ride a bit better. I won't say smoother, but it's not as buckboard. It also has a bit more sway. The only thing I might need to do is install a shorter shackle in the rear to remove a tad of the rear lift. But, I want to see how the front settles before I make that call. By the time I load the truck it might be level.

I will take it up into the mountains in a couple of weeks and give the springs a good flex.

Let me tell you what, I'm getting sick and tired of the crime and theft in this town.

Why, just today, someone was in my garage and had the nerve to remove the ****ing strut from my 4th gen.

Now I have to put in a brand new one. Unbelievable.

20200703_172020.jpg

Last edited:
Let me tell you what, I'm getting sick and tired of the crime and theft in this town.

Why, just today, someone was in my garage and had the nerve to remove the f***ing strut from my 4th gen.

Now I have to put in a brand new one. Unbelievable.

View attachment 2360739

View attachment 2360738

Really???

I have one from a 5th gen with very few miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom