Project Rosie Ruby the Poverty Princess (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happy new year everyone! First project of the year is a rebuild and set of 3:1 Sumo Gears for Rosie's HF2AV! In the 2nd to last pic you'll see I've included part number 90250-05040. This is a pin that I have found crushed in multiple HF2AVs over the years and is cheap insurance to have on hand when building these cases. It locates the High Speed Output Gear Bushing onto the Differential Front Case.
View attachment 3523198
View attachment 3523201
View attachment 3523202
View attachment 3523203
View attachment 3523204
View attachment 3523205
Thanks! I just ordered 4, 13 left in the country....I have 4 case to install gears in.

Diving in this Monday with some transmission work. With the shop mascots cheering us on, the trans was opened, changes were made and all has since buttoned up ready to hold some turbo power! :cool: Whoever figures out/designs how A/T's work... mind boggling... next level smart

PXL_20240108_163313153.jpg
PXL_20240108_170423939.jpg

PXL_20240108_190119442.jpg
PXL_20240108_174635910.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

So beautiful and dirty at the same time, haha!

Awesome man. Come on cerakote dude...we need to really get things moving!

Also the last part of the puzzle with @Cruisers and Co is going to be suspension, we can sort that out before the weather gets nice around here. @Delta VS ??

At some point this rig is going to need a repaint/body clean up @kelly saad how far out are you these days?

Brett

Also the last part of the puzzle with @Cruisers and Co is going to be suspension, we can sort that out before the weather gets nice around here. @Delta VS ??

At some point this rig is going to need a repaint/body clean up @kelly saad how far out are you these days?

Brett
yes?

Seems like this point to point communication could happen with more direct mechanisms like phone calls, text, and email rather than on an open forum thread.

Seems like this point to point communication could happen with more direct mechanisms like phone calls, text, and email rather than on an open forum thread.
I think @shellb is really excited about his truck, hinting at the direction it's going and shouting out to a great vendor

What's wrong with that? 🍻

Fairly odd comment to be honest, all good though.

Either way, I think you completely misread my comment....I'm a huge fan of DVS, spent $$$ with them and will spend more.

And I'd say that this is exactly the point of this forum...collaboration among a bunch of enthusiasts to create an awesome rig.

Brett
Probably about a year out. PM if you would like to discuss. Thanks!

Started the morning by rebuilding the rear hubs with kits from Sumo Gear with Koyo bearings so now the rear axle is all fresh. After that, was rewrapping the extra crispy transmission and tcase harnesses in new looming. Depinned a few of the connectors and swapped factory tape for adhesive lined heatshrink anywhere there was a splice. I was surprised that at the splices it wasn't more corroded but it really won't be an issue now.
PXL_20240109_210251988.jpg

Next up was a cabin air filter from @Outsane, I'm going to need one of these for my LX. Since there is no motor in Rosie it was a fairly easy install standing in the middle of the engine bay. Should help a lot with the dust.
PXL_20240110_212550743.jpg

Some new shiny 7075 Steering links from @Delta VS paired with new TRE's from @cruiseroutfit

PXL_20240110_231212463.MP.jpg

And now something that makes this cruiser oh so much more Land Cruiser... an OEM dash handle.
PXL_20240110_204915964.jpg

The band needs to get back together...
I'm on page 5 of the trip report and I already want to be invited as a groupie for the next time this band gets together...

Who's taking the lead!

I'd consider taking the lead. I just need a Land Cruiser that is operational. :lol:
I have a running 40 and I know you don't mind being topless....

I'm on page 5 of the trip report and I already want to be invited as a groupie for the next time this band gets together...

Who's taking the lead!
Rosie Ruby in the desert let's go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom