Project Rosie Ruby the Poverty Princess (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of strippers.... @shellb What's Rosie's new name going to be? Not exactly going to be Ruby anymore
Oh asking real questions!! Hmm.

Rose are red
Violets are blue
Grimace is purple
Now my car is a dude?

its because hes distracted with other s***boxes
The 60 that blew its tcase/trans really did not help. We'll be back to regular scheduled updates tonight 😎

Last edited:
The 60 that blew its tcase/trans really did not help. We'll be back to regular scheduled updates tonight 😎
Welllll, it is after 5pm on the East coast...does that count? lol! Looking forward to it.

Do you guys have a completion date? SAS?

Welllll, it is after 5pm on the East coast...does that count? lol! Looking forward to it.

Do you guys have a completion date? SAS?
Small update for the east coast guys! DRIVELINE IS IN!

PXL_20240214_223224459.jpg

Completion date hasn't officially been decided but we are shooting for well before SAS

Alright minor update aside I promise we have been chipping away on this thing in between working on a few other rigs! I've included a photo of the previously mentioned 60. I know this is 80 series tech but surely someone will spot the oops! NOT GOOD

PXL_20240123_164820514.jpg

Some of you may have noticed the shiny new coils in the minor update photo, Delta 3" Full Kit "stage 1" with Icon smooth bodies and 3" castor correction arms. Should be a fantastic combo for this rig since it is a lightweight build!

Before the motor went back in we replaced the firewall insulation. I think it is amazing that this piece is still available. Also cleaned up and replaced any cracked loom/tape on both fender harnesses.

PXL_20240208_235742253.jpg

On a build like this obviously all rubber lines are getting replaced. Everything is accessible and easy to get too. Now is the time. On any non formed coolant hose we use Gates green stripe hose and use some HD constant tension clamps that are thicker than the OEM Toyota and have a tab to keep you from overspreading and ruining them. We use that style clamp anywhere we deem reachable while keeping the Toyota aesthetic. In hard to reach places like the PHH we use a Breeze constant torque clamp.

Gates (right) vs OEM still on the pipe. Slightly thicker and similar amount of braiding. Way better than generic parts store straight heater hose.

Gates.png

Aftermarket constant tension clamps (left) oem (right) for 1/2" and 5/8" ID
PXL_20240209_173832497.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Also before the whole drivetrain went back in we figured we'd make use of our technology and 3D scan some things for our library...
A343 Scan.png

@shellb picked up some stainless hardware from Overland Metric for the core support so naturally a bulk order of stainless hardware was ordered from Overland Metric so we could tie it in other places.... Damn this is some nice hardware!

PXL_20240215_012533328.PORTRAIT.jpg

And we'll end the night with a vehicle that looks like a vehicle again! Love seeing the engine surrounded in the Vesuvio Metallic! Thanks again @kelly saad!!!

PXL_20240215_012436526.MP.jpg

Stainless hardware on the exhaust heat shields is a nice touch. I just ordered new heat shields and OEM hardware for mine. Might need to get some of the stainless stuff now...

Mind sharing the manufacturer of the CTT clamps? Look like the ones GM uses. thanks

Wow...now that I can see the color all tied together I'm super happy with the decision! I need to make it over to the shop today/tomorrow to see in person!

I also need to drop off new parts that keep rolling in!

I was going to wait to share these but I am installing these right now and they are just too cool not to share! We decided to use some analog Speedhut gauges and after I told @shellb we could add a logo of his choosing I showed him a mockup with our logo on the gauge since I had it readily available in the right format.

He says "Oh hell yeah do that for sure."
Me "You have a logo you want to do? Make it say Land Cruiser or something? "
Him "No I want your logo"

Still deeply honored @shellb , thank you! Man these turned out great. Logo is crisper in person, camera was having a hell of a time picking it up with the reflection of the clear front.

PXL_20240219_232054840.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

Inching closer to start up every day
PXL_20240219_233618072.jpg

I was going to wait to share these but I am installing these right now and they are just too cool not to share! We decided to use some analog Speedhut gauges and after I told @shellb we could add a logo of his choosing I showed him a mockup with our logo on the gauge since I had it readily available in the right format.

He says "Oh hell yeah do that for sure."
Me "You have a logo you want to do? Make it say Land Cruiser or something? "
Him "No I want your logo"

Still deeply honored @shellb , thank you! Man these turned out great. Logo is crisper in person, camera was having a hell of a time picking it up with the reflection of the clear front.

View attachment 3561871

Inching closer to start up every day
View attachment 3561880
Those gauges are freaking sweet!! Proud to rock those!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom