Builds Project Lockjaw-1973 Fj40 on Tons (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone that has done an LS swap, what headers are you guys using? The ones that are on my 5.3 kick the exhaust flange right on the frame.

I used Sanderson Blockhuggers. Part #CC1LS1

40482DD2-D595-4FEC-BDCA-E94BF61F14D8.jpeg
BFD5C681-4AFC-4579-B63E-1456A2E4B356.jpeg

couldn't help but notice a strange looking 40 there in the background. What kinda project is that you have going on?

That’s our 78 HJ45, Old Landy. Pretty neat little truck with a lot of history. Camper shell was built by Mercedes Benz in South Africa. Andre, the previous owner, toured several continents in the rig. You can find more info on it here:

Last edited:
Not much progress but none the less, progress . Got some new floor supports cut and welded in.

20211010_171729.jpg
20211010_171709.jpg

Got some more parts in today, ceramic coated headers by Sanderson
20211013_150112.jpg

Still mocking up the rear double triangulated 4-link.
View attachment 2581930
I am interested in whether your tire hits the coilover on full stuff and whether your coilover hit the frame on full droop. I have some interference issues on my rear 4-link keeping the coil-overs outside of the tub.

I am interested in whether your tire hits the coilover on full stuff and whether your coilover hit the frame on full droop. I have some interference issues on my rear 4-link keeping the coil-overs outside of the tub.
I haven't got to the point of flexing it out yet. I'm getting close, been trying to get most of the body panels replaced. It will happen soon.

Got the front floor halves squared up and tacked in place this weekend.

20211030_133752.jpg

20211030_133822.jpg

20211030_175132.jpg

Who did you use for the new floor? How was the fit?
All of the panels that I have purchased have came from RealSteelCruiserParts.com The front is three pieces from them. They only thing they sell for the passenger side floor pan is the front half. I took an old gas tank section and replaced all of the rusty metal and welded it to the aftermarket stuff from RealSteel. Take into mind that these are aftermarket panels and fitment is not exact.

All of the panels that I have purchased have came from RealSteelCruiserParts.com The front is three pieces from them. They only thing they sell for the passenger side floor pan is the front half. I took an old gas tank section and replaced all of the rusty metal and welded it to the aftermarket stuff from RealSteel. Take into mind that these are aftermarket panels and fitment is not exact.
Right on. I was just curious. Bought a couple pieces from them and I'm happy with their stuff so far.

In need of some help. Need some measurements from someone with a 1973 Fj40 that has their top off. Looking for exact measurement of where the rear tub section sits in relation to the B-pillar as shown in photos
73526.jpeg
20211214_175622.jpg
20211214_175609.jpg

I think I'm way low. Can't find pictures when I took it apart or my measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom