Builds Project Lockjaw-1973 Fj40 on Tons (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jhix75 thanks for posting up. I'm way off with my placement

After getting measurements from @jhix75 , I got the fabbed side panels and new floor mocked into place.
20211215_175822.jpg
20211215_181247.jpg

Floor is spot welded in and drivers side panel is getting burnt in. Almost there, ran out of time today.
20211226_171933.jpg
20211226_171920.jpg

Since I modified my Fj60 and now I'm modifying my Fj40, thought I would make a sign for my garage.
IMG_20211226_215250_304.jpg

Rear floor section cut out and new getting mocked in place
20220115_164914.jpg
20220115_165512.jpg

Got started on the rear corner sections this past week. Passenger side tacked in and fighting the fitment of the drivers side.
20220121_165930.jpg

Looks good. I'm dreading doing these on mine.
It wasn't bad. I was dreading it also. I used some cleco's to hold the panel in place over the old piece. Cut half way up the horizontal edge. Tacked welded it in a few places. Cut part of the top and tacked welded. Then cut the rest of it and pulled the old piece out.

It wasn't bad. I was dreading it also. I used some cleco's to hold the panel in place over the old piece. Cut half way up the horizontal edge. Tacked welded it in a few places. Cut part of the top and tacked welded. Then cut the rest of it and pulled the old piece out.
Never thought of doing it that way, but it sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the tip.

Never thought of doing it that way, but it sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the tip.
yeah I have a good friend that builds street rods for a living and I get a lot of good advice from him. Its the little things that help, glad I can pass on some of the knowledge that I have gained along the way.

Working on the rear floor cross brace and frame brace that was removed. Still have some adjusting to do but getting there
20220131_180601.jpg
20220131_180643.jpg

I’d love one too! Great build, let me know price and shipping if available
If your going to make a run of these Please take my money, super cool !!

One more if you can. PM me shipped to 75089.

I’d love one too! Great build, let me know price and shipping if available

If your going to make a run of these Please take my money, super cool !!

One more if you can. PM me shipped to 75089.
Thanks guys. I've had to ship my plasma cutter out for repairs and will be picking it up today. Send me a PM and I'll get back to you with price of sign, also put either your address or zip code so I can get you a shipping quote.
Thanks,
Ryan

Well picked up my plasma cutter and it is still broken :bang::censor:. For those that have asked about the sign, I sent out some PM's advising you of the situation. As soon as it is fixed, I will let you know in your respective PM (sent out in groups of three)

Add me to the sign list please. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom