Builds Project 'Fresh Start' RestoMod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just want to say thanks guys, thanks to all of you that truly appreciate custom builds like this. The time and effort to get a vehicle to this level is beyond difficult. It's always 2 steps forward and 1 step back ... just when you think you've cleared all the hurdles the truck throws a few back at you and it can be heartbreakingly painful. I hate to say this but it's far more difficult to do these than it is to 'restore' a vehicle. The amount of custom fabrication and the 'unknown' parts and electronics is insane .... But I guess that's what all the FUN is about !!

We are almost there and I cant wait to start the new 66' Cummins R2.8 Diesel build

Thanks again guys
Final completed pics coming soon, but here is one last pic of her going to interior shop and yes I know we still have to line up all the front body panels LOL
Cheers
Steve

IMG_9343 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Update

Carpet/interior came out amazing ... big thanks to Harold at New Image here in Toronto
Seats are in and the positioning is spot on
Doors took a lot of finessing but we got them almost perfect
Soft top fitting well thus far ... VERY happy with the quality and the light grey colour that they did for me
Engine 99% done with custom fabbed air box

IMG_9388 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9377 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9451 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9449 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9475 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9485 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9523 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9519 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

I agree! Nicely done! Where did you find the door pulls and mirrors? I like the designs.

As always thank you very much guys !!
Ok ...

Door pulls are custom grab handles for a Defender 90 ... here
Black Aluminium Pillar Grab Handles Kit For LAND ROVER DEFENDER 90 110 130 | eBay

Bumper lights are from Amazon ... here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WNM3K9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now ... the mirrors, let me start by saying whenever I build a custom vehicle form and functionality always come before price. There are often times where what I believe is the 'right' part for my truck is not that expensive ... and then there are the mirrors.
I searched hi and low for the 'correct' mirrors for this truck and NOTHING out there was going to work for me other than these.
This was one of the hardest purchases I've ever had to make LOL but I had no choice ...

ICON FJ Side View Mirrors | shop.icon4x4.com

Steve

Let us know how the mirror perform on the road. Thanks.

Let there be light !!
Added some courtesy lights to the doors so people can see how far up they have to jump ... lol
And ... BIG thanks to Matt for making me the custom Data ID Plates, great guy to deal with !!

IMG_9722 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9715 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_9714 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

OK ... put the 'Big Boy' wheels on
Nitto Trail Grappler's 35x12.5's

New MSD Airforce intake ... looks bad ass and should have much better low end torque

So those SCS wheels mounted right up? Their site says “WILL NOT BE A DIRECT FIT ON LOCKING/FREE WHEELING STYLE HUBS.” but they seem to fit perfectly for you. What’s the secret?

Wow! Outstanding detail, fit and finish! Love the build!

Thanks guys !!
Letterman .. I'll be using Chase bays on my other builds as well ... real quality stuff !!
My secret lol is simple ... all you have to do is take a air file (or any metal file for that matter) and file out the inside lip of the centre bore of the front wheels ... EASY !! And the offsets/back spacing are perfect, NO spacers required

Cheers
Steve

Update ... Final assembly of the suspension and driveline

Can you remember the FOX part number for the shocks you have installed?

What are those springs?

Thanks.

MaTTi ... Call up rick at BTB and ask him, he sourced them direct from Fox and Im not sure of the numbers
4" lift springs also from BTB as well ... I have sets for both the 4" lift and the 2.5" lift for the next build

Letterman, anything you want to know about the engine bay and the complete setup let me know, I have over 1000 pictures

Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom