Builds Project 'Fresh Start' RestoMod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha !! Like I said Jon, I have a number of your pics saved here on my computer ... this colour in person is so awesome, I know most people will say "well its just grey" and my answer is yes BUT its a really 'cool' grey

Steve

Ha !! Like I said Jon, I have a number of your pics saved here on my computer ... this colour in person is so awesome, I know most people will say "well its just grey" and my answer is yes BUT its a really 'cool' grey

Steve

Your paint looks much better then mine. Is it single stage or base clear? If only I had a real booth and had ever painted before...then maybe mine would look closer to yours! Jealous for sure!

Jon, your truck is killer ... and I was hoping mine came out as nice as yours !
Yes its a special Aerospace single stage paint that is produced locally here in Toronto and is literally hard as nails (below)
This paint with 3 coats can be cut and polished as well, which we will do once we assemble the truck

About Tempo

Steve

Looks amazing! Did you go with Nardo Grey? Looking forward to following the reassembly.

Thanks guys ... Always appreciate nice feedback especially when this kind of build is so far outside the 'norm'

Karp68 ... Absolutely, I talked to the guys from Relik Garage down in Florida, he made me a top in the lighter grey that I was hoping would match the grey I did pick (so Billabong yes I had the guys at Tempo paint match the Audi Nardo Grey). The top is VERY nicely built with excellent stitching and seam protection.

Here ... FJ40 Soft Top

I purchased the frame kit from Real Steel Cruiser parts here ... Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 FJ45 Steel Body Parts

We also had to do some crazy fab work with the frame because of the Aqualu tub. As you can see in the below pic the door frame panels inserts into the tub actually about 1/2" inboard of proper alignment. When I get the pieces back and we assemble the frame I will take some pics and explain not only how we remedied this but how we made it much stronger as well.

Picking her up this afternoon, and will be assembling all weekend so hopefully we will get lots done

Steve

IMG_8330 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

And I thought you guys would like this ... because this truck stands at about 7 foot 6" with top on I actually had to rebuild my garage door to an 8 footer to fit this this thing in when she's done. Now waiting for the guys to come and instal the door

IMG_8607 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

And I thought you guys would like this ... because this truck stands at about 7 foot 6" with top on I actually had to rebuild my garage door to an 8 footer to fit this this thing in when she's done. Now waiting for the guys to come and instal the door

IMG_8607 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

That's dedication..... Great build, cant wait to see more.

Again all in the details ....

IMG_8698 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Knotchead clamps ... amazing to work with

IMG_8697 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_8706 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_8707 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Engine pretty much complete

IMG_8712 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Since trim rings dont come with stereos anymore and you cant actually buy one for this stereo I had my buddies machine shop water jet me one

IMG_8702 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Body goes on today and we start electrical and assembly

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom