Project 16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brock and I got the front bib mounted and the radiator bracket mounted. slow going since I have little time to work on it at home and can't transport it until the motor is mounted in, which is the next step.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

well, Brock has been bugging me to start working on this again. yesterday he ground out a notch for the new radiator (aftermarket) and open up the drain plug access, then cleaned the rusty nuts in the rad mount. next up is mounting the new Taurus fan.

DSCF0784.jpg

DSCF0785.jpg

DSCF0787.jpg

DSCF0790.jpg

Progress!

slowly getting more done. Brock pulled the frame mounted hard fuel lines since they have to move to the driver side. front motor mounts are tacked in. we used body mounts that were cut off the rear of the frame. very minor mods and they fit great. I don't like the penetration I got on the tacks, so the ratchet strap will stay in for support for the time being. next up is transmission mounts. they should go in tomorrow.

DSCF0793.jpg

DSCF0794.jpg

more work done! transmission mounts are tacked in. the drive train is now suspended in it's own mounts. next pic shows the fan mounted in place. the frame to radiator bracket supports will push the radiator away just a touch for a little more space. and the body mock up looks perfect. plenty of space for the motor at the firewall.
next up is making the cab part of the body so we can mount it to the frame.

DSCF0797.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

DSCF0802.jpg

Getting there!

lots done today! in making the cab, I don't have a square tubing bender, so I went the poor man's route. they will be boxed in the rest of the way. the top and bottom rail for the cab is nearly done!

DSCF0803.jpg

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

Nice work there.

so after making those corners, Paul B saw them and gave me a rusty old 40 body. it will be great for the top rails. I'll still have to skin them myself, there is too much rust down lower.

DSCF0814.jpg

DSCF0815.jpg

DSCF0816.jpg

finally some work worth posting again. my parents are visiting and my dad is the welder/fabricator. so we got the frame for the cab made and skinned it. then test fitted it to the front half. Brock was helping the whole way and watching all the welding.

DSCF0846.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0850.jpg

DSCF0849.jpg

oh yes! very fortunate and many to thank so far! I am thinking we can get this done for very little outlay of $. relatively that is. I am hoping to keep it under $3-4k. money isn't growing off trees with one income for the last 8 years. I love how we've been resourceful with engine and body mounts. all so far are recycled from the previous engine and bodies of 2 vehicles.

biggest value has been the engine and drive train from Beno, thanks dude!:grinpimp:
second is the frame and rolling chassis from Marc. another thanks dude!:grinpimp:

oh yes! very fortunate and many to thank so far! I am thinking we can get this done for very little outlay of $. relatively that is. I am hoping to keep it under $3-4k. money isn't growing off trees with one income for the last 8 years. I love how we've been resourceful with engine and body mounts. all so far are recycled from the previous engine and bodies of 2 vehicles. biggest value has been the engine and drive train from Beno, thanks dude!:grinpimp: second is the frame and rolling chassis from Marc. another thanks dude!:grinpimp:
Looking forward to wheeling with you guys in that truck and Bionic next time I am out west. :cheers:

Looking forward to wheeling with you guys in that truck and Bionic next time I am out west. :cheers:

Don't THREATEN us....:flipoff2:

I figured by now you would be lovin' sweet'tater pie, sweet tea, and southern bells and we would never see you again.

Let's not go too far. I might be in GA, but my heart and mind are out west in New Mexico.

I shall return one day!

Let's not go too far. I might be in GA, but my heart and mind are out west in New Mexico.

I shall return one day!

Get ready......

Douglas_MacArthur_lands_Leyte1.jpg

I love when Dan posts pics from his military days.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom