Project 16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm the sargent on the right packin' dual carbines.......:flipoff2:

Prolly not a Jap.......:doh:

They were American citizens that we decided should be fenced in in Colorado and Utah.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team (100% Japanese-American grunts with anglo officers) served in Italy and France and Germany. There were no Japanese-American combat troops in the Pacific theater. The 442nd was tough as hell, even more so because of the point they were trying to prove. IE we are americans, just like you and we love our country.

The late Seantor Daniel Inoe from HI was a sargent in that outfit. He lost an arm and gained the Congressional Medal of Honor in the process.

They were American citizens that we decided should be fenced in in Colorado and Utah.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team (100% Japanese-American grunts with anglo officers) served in Italy and France and Germany. There were no Japanese-American combat troops in the Pacific theater. The 442nd was tough as hell, even more so because of the point they were trying to prove. IE we are americans, just like you and we love our country.

The late Seantor Daniel Inoe from HI was a sargent in that outfit. He lost an arm and gained the Congressional Medal of Honor in the process.

Very nice sir. Appreciate the explanation.

That said, let's not derail yet another HDC thread!

:lol:

Why not?

I'm a moderator.........:grinpimp:

Back to our regularly scheduled truck build. Please proceed.:clap:

Why not?

I'm a moderator.........:grinpimp:

Back to our regularly scheduled truck build. Please proceed.:clap:

Hey, me too, and I liked the history lesson.

lots more done, but little is pic worthy.

the cab is welded to the front tub. the body mounts are tacked in, and the firewall support is cut out and partially replaced with one from the '73 body from Paul B.
still needs a floor in the tub, then finish up the mounts for body and roll cage.

DSCF0852.jpg

DSCF0854.jpg

DSCF0855.jpg

Shawn: what are your plans for MC? Brake tubing? PS?:cheers:

we have the brake booster and MC from the FJ60. we do have to move the rear brake tubing from the PS to the DS. most of the tubing is there and usable, but we can get more from NAPA. the PS pump is there with the engine. we do need a 60 PS box and then make lines to match each end.

I forgot I had that. the bolts were 3 out of 4 lined up correct? it was a FJ62 box?

got it. I looked it up again. and only 2 holes match up. I could redrill 2 holes, but if we find a early 60 box it will be easier. both options are open for now.

got it. I looked it up again. and only 2 holes match up. I could redrill 2 holes, but if we find a early 60 box it will be easier. both options are open for now.

I think that chassis is an '85, if my memory is correct.

yes it is. the bolt pattern changed in May 1985. this one is early '85 (prior to May). I have the box and truck with me today at work, I'll look at it more closely. this morning we have a school PR and then training, so it won't be 'till this afternoon earliest.

Last edited:
well, I stand corrected! that box bolted right up!:bounce:
also got the floor finished today. it was dark, so I'll take pics tomorrow.

the door tag from the FJ60 says build date is May '85, it barely made the cut for this bolt pattern and explains why I thought it was the other way around.

anyway, pics of floor finished.

DSCF0856.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom