Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on?

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

Yeah, she died yesterday. Sadly until the last 30-45 seconds of the drive I was damn impressed with how she was running. All glory to Ryan and Danny for taking her as far as she went.
Did you determine what killed it, and is it unsalvageable?

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Anyone have a 2F engine in good shape?
What about a 3fe? I might have a line on that. Make a 2fe depending on what’s trashed on the 2f.

Oh, and......at least it lasted long enough to get back home from Tech Day without a tow! That would’ve been embarrassing.

EDIT: And I think you know a guy who can probably make the SC to VA run. Maybe even in less than 12 parsecs.

1MOA

SILVER Star
Ryan is leaning on a spun bearing. Said it was locked up tight today.
I saw a 85 2F for sale out in Cali but the guy won't respond to messages and I have no idea on shipping. Just feeling out my options right now.

1MOA

SILVER Star
What about a 3fe? I might have a line on that. Make a 2fe depending on what’s trashed on the 2f.

Oh, and......at least it lasted long enough to get back home from Tech Day without a tow! That would’ve been embarrassing.

EDIT: And I think you know a guy who can probably make the SC to VA run. Maybe even in less than 12 parsecs.
It ran like a champ since the tech day. I put a good 350 miles on it. Didn't burn or leak a drop of oil Only issue it has was a little clutch slip and Danny adjusted that out.

Jakes40

IH8MUD Poser
SILVER Star

I have a 2F out of a 60. I was holding onto for a spare. But it’s really getting in the way in my garage. I did a compression test on it but can’t find the numbers.

I ordered a new compression tester. I’ll get some numbers next week.

Last edited:

Jakes40

IH8MUD Poser
SILVER Star

Looks awesome!
Maybe cut holes in the sides and put mesh or screen over it to keep junk in.
Yea... definitely hole saw time in my future for sides and back. Every little bit. I DID just get almost 19mpg this week though 🆒 . The click! It’s so satisfying! I wish I could post a video. Haha.

1MOA

SILVER Star
There was a take out in Norfolk last month freebie, I couldn't get to it might still be there, but I think the guy was getting deployed. Worth looking for.
Have a link to the add? I'm working with Chris right now on a engine he says might be worthy .

Collecting parts. I have my steering damper, hood struts, and side mirrors. I just ordered Dobinsons 30mm spring spacers and I'll be ordering 35s hopefully today. Plan is to install everything Thursday for the Valentine's weekend run in Shenandoah.

Top Bottom