Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on?

New shackle bushings and new to me greasable OME shackles installed at shop day.

The ride quality improvement is amazing. No more feeling vibrations from cut up/rough pavement (like on 66 due to construction) and DC potholes through your teeth. And that’s with worn out autozone shocks.

2791EA02-D854-4D0D-8038-322C934BE181.jpeg

1MOA

SILVER Star
I cleaned out my 40 repaired the rear heater fan ( it was literally full of mud) took the motor apart cleaned the contacts lightly sanded the armature and replaced the upper and lower felts and oil them and it spun right up.

Changed the oil, this is with about 110 miles on the oil and it is the first oil change since it sat for 21 years. I took a sample and sent it to blackstone labs. I am sure it wil be interesting. I found some “stuff” stuck to the drain plug and cleaned out the oil pan bottom. I’m surprised it was only the shmeg on the drain plug and not chunks of metal but we will see.

ABFEFC51-3E0E-470E-B163-E92A29B93F00.jpeg

JohnVee

SILVER Star
No pics because it's all boring stuff. I'm back home with the fleet in CLT and trying to do routine maintenance while it's warm outside. Replaced the wife's crunched up lift gate with a nice one of the same color today. Installed a new AutoZone Duralast Platinum AGM24 for my '96 LX. Hoping to rebuild and install a starter this weekend. Oil changes all around on Thursday. Rear brake pads on the '94 tomorrow followed by state inspection. Oh, and a little thing called driving the piss out of them while I can!!!

Top Bottom