Builds Powda Blue 74 Build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

309 hours later she’s off with the new owner. He has made it home and is out riding about. Probably 50 or so miles. So far so good

82F1A891-60D6-4C96-8865-5760F588453D.jpeg

309 hours later she’s off with the new owner. He has made it home and is out riding about. Probably 50 or so miles. So far so good

View attachment 2891749
Thanks for sharing the hours bit. Puts into perspective how many years it will take me to make 1 40 look like this when I have 4 I think I can manage....oooofff.

Job well done, and once again, thanks for sharing everything you do.

Thanks for sharing the hours bit. Puts into perspective how many years it will take me to make 1 40 look like this when I have 4 I think I can manage....oooofff.

Job well done, and once again, thanks for sharing everything you do.

Gotta ask. What are you using to coat the frame and what paint for the axle/springs? Looks awesome!

I’m a plain ole Rustoleum Gloss Black guy but that’s after I scrub it good and clean

I have had issues in the past with different turn signal stalks having different wiring. I recall having to move a couple pins around to get them to function properly. Should be an easy fix.

I have had issues in the past with different turn signal stalks having different wiring. I recall having to move a couple pins around to get them to function properly. Should be an easy fix.
I think that’s it.

Maybe I should have just not looked under here.

View attachment 2827517
Holy s***.

An F1.5 is a great motor but it does not work very well with an F head without an oil galley. The oiler was just dangling in here. View attachment 2827515

PSA……if it does not have an oil galley plug it’s a F head. I did not put 2+2 together until I popped that last piece off to take to powder.

View attachment 2827516

This is why you don’t let non Land Cruiser people build Land Cruiser motors
I recently opened up my cover and this post had me thinking of my configuration. I have a 03/73 which is an F engine, but looking at the head, it looks a little different. It looks like I should have an oil galley plug but it doesn't seem to be there, unless someone welded it shut and ground it flat down and painted over it.

Your oiler wasn't connected, but was that because it was an F block? Did earlier blocks not have an oiler?
Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 8.51.34 AM.png

I recently opened up my cover and this post had me thinking of my configuration. I have a 03/73 which is an F engine, but looking at the head, it looks a little different. It looks like I should have an oil galley plug but it doesn't seem to be there, unless someone welded it shut and ground it flat down and painted over it.

Your oiler wasn't connected, but was that because it was an F block? Did earlier blocks not have an oiler? View attachment 2893144
If you have an F head the oil comes up via a tube through the head into the rocker.

If you have an F head the oil comes up via a tube through the head into the rocker.

Ahh, OK. Although it looks like my head is ready to be drilled for that oil galley I guess, but I do have the tube. Where yours did not have that notch.

So your rockers never got oil? .

The brainiac builder put a oil tube from header side of block up and into valve cover to the rocker oiler.

At some Pooh that tube broke off the rocker so the oil going in was just pulsing out of a broken tube in the center of the rockers

Love those wheels!
Agree those are really nice. Look like Fifteen52 Analog HD.

Do they require spacers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom