Builds Powda Blue 74 Build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did for both the two I have done
Did you do it because the transfer would not send the proper pulses like mine or did you just do that up front?

I’ve only done one other and it read the pulses as advertised

Did you do it because the transfer would not send the proper pulses like mine or did you just do that up front?

I’ve only done one other and it read the pulses as advertised
I mainly did it because I was tired of dealing with leaks, cables, etc. The GPS is so easy, plug and play. And on the first one I went ahead and did the GPS with gage install.

I tried and tried the tcase pulse thing. It started reading once backing out of the drive then quit when I was calibrating the handheld GPS. That was my third or fourth try. I gave up and ordered gps unit. Still finalizing wiring but I agree, go gps to save the headache. Not sure how to cap the speedo gear yet. If you find a screw on cap please share.

To close the loop on this.

Dakota said turn the cable by hand with the key forward. If the needle moves it’s Tcase to Cable interface.

I made sure my speedo gear was not obstructed and it was indeed turning.

Second suggestion was to see if the brass tang they provide to interface was getting a good seat into the square cable.

It was not. One side was not very square.

I crimped the sides tight on to the cable and boom. Fixed.

Now to get the rain gone to calibrate it and be done with this truck for now.

Owner loves it. Super happy.

C23E8483-311C-4421-8BDD-C4F3E781C18E.jpeg

Speedo is dead nuts accurate GPS verified. I’ll likely add the GPS package from here out after reading about that. Cool stuff.

FC8A2245-610C-4968-952B-5CCC16E442FE.jpeg

79A773D5-075F-4347-B39C-C4D534921D6B.jpeg

Looks so good!

are you planning on doing any exterior work, or keeping it as is?
Ha. You don’t follow my builds I guess.

I like them to look like they have a story. The world has enough pretty painted vehicles.

For sure not worth all that. Saginaw is my choice with OEM pump for an early truck with a late drivetrain swap
I am working on our 71 and want PS. Don’t want Saginaw bc I don’t like the look outside of frame. Is there a way to make the EPS work on the early column setup or would it be too much work vs going with an FJ80 box mounted to frame and getting rid of center arm? Inquiring minds want to hear others opinions.

I am working on our 71 and want PS. Don’t want Saginaw bc I don’t like the look outside of frame. Is there a way to make the EPS work on the early column setup or would it be too much work vs going with an FJ80 box mounted to frame and getting rid of center arm? Inquiring minds want to hear others opinions.

@ClemsonCruiser did EPS (not City Racer) on a 1967 and he said it was very difficult.

Other options are Mini Truck and of course FJ60/80. The only problem with the later on a 40 is you have to relocate the factory shock. No biggie. Just makes it as invasive in my mind as a Saginaw.

@merbesfield I have the electric setup from city racer and it works great. 1 day install and is fairly incognito. Makes steering featherlight.

Won’t work on a 71.
Would it work if you use a 73+ steering box?
Essentially convert to later model manual steering and then upgrade to EPS.

Would it work if you use a 73+ steering box?
Essentially convert to later model manual steering and then upgrade to EPS.

I think you could convert the City Racer to an early setup. You would have to modify the rod that attaches to the early box.

You would then have to completely convert the firewall section from the early style to the later style then use the later style column.

Not even worth all that.

@ClemsonCruiser
Other options are Mini Truck and of course FJ60/80. The only problem with the later on a 40 is you have to relocate the factory shock. No biggie. Just makes it as invasive in my mind as a Saginaw.
I installed FJ60 and just clearanced the backside of the stock shock tower.

I agree that it is no less fabrication work than saginaw. I just preferred keeping things behind the crossmember.

Got both of these side jobs finished and delivered and picked up a new one to work on while I wait for parts on the Seminole 45

58EFD454-AC8F-4192-B936-8495738C9575.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom