Builds Powda Blue 74 Build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nolan,

I went back and looked but could not find out what fuel pump unit you are using????

Thanks

Nolan,

I went back and looked but could not find out what fuel pump unit you are using????

Thanks

It’s the one Redline sells. We removed this one from Mustard 78. It’s a bit loud but I did a few mods to it and hope it works better on this truck. Otherwise I’ll slap an in-line pump on it with the old tank

It’s the one Redline sells. We removed this one from Mustard 78. It’s a bit loud but I did a few mods to it and hope it works better on this truck. Otherwise I’ll slap an in-line pump on it with the old tank
How does that compare to the one Mosley sells for intake? I am looking at options for stock in tank rather than external and want to retain stockish seats.

How does that compare to the one Mosley sells for intake? I am looking at options for stock in tank rather than external and want to retain stockish seats.
The Mosley in tank takes 2 small tack welds. This one takes a full weld on all sides of the plate.
Depends on your fab skill but I had to outsource this one and would not trust myself now to do all the welding required.

Mosley told me this week they are switching from gerotor pumps to a Denso turbine style. I assume due to lower noise level.
I’ve got the Denso he sells in my 60. Silent. I have the old style in my 45. Loud AF but I don’t hate it enough to change it out.

Spent the morning putting a new section of exhaust from the collector to cat with O2 sensor then putting the rear section that we removed from Mustard 78 for the stainless. I have to get a piece bent to connect the cat to the tailpipe but that was a big check off the list

982BEB97-EBB6-4241-BE4A-589FEE11B63C.jpeg

Regarding efi and fuel pumps. I was frustrated with the noise level of my external pump on my ls equipped 45. Being a long time porsche tech, I had a mid 80’s 911 carrera pump in my tool box.( It was an original from 84 that sat in my toolbox for 20 years! I figured why not try it. I quickly adapted it to my current setup. Fired up the truck and thought, how can it be running? I cant hear the pump!! Absolutely quiet, no noise! Very happy with this. I would recommend a genuine bosch unit, as there are cheap knock offs. These pumps are super reliable, as this one still works from 1984!

Whitey, for the most part I’ve gone to external pumps now. It’s just too easy and I’ve yet to have one fail. Good intel in the quiet model.

I got the pedal out of my 78 parts truck. Some maniac had jacked up the one in this truck for the Weber cable.

I’ve got it bent right and the knob drilled off for the Lokar cable.
61B687C4-CF28-45F6-9CEB-67BAAF0C6BA8.jpeg

Now the pressure to crank it is on.

001EDBB6-8865-4B3C-B797-00981264246D.jpeg

Speaking of loud external fuel pumps. I just installed an Automotive A750 on the FJ45 in place of old Bosch and it is ridiculously loud. I will be putting in a much smaller pump this weekend. live and learn.

I’ve started doing a direct pull on the cables. It’s so easy I can’t believe I never thought of it before.

Main tip is make sure at wide open throttle your pedal is bottomed out so you are not pulling on the cable when the plates are 100% open.

6847F734-E194-4C87-8356-185A03246174.jpeg

CD372879-869C-4FDA-A49D-DEAE83EB4CEE.jpeg

A4E9F922-1007-499F-9940-EE63F4F5D0F2.jpeg

32DEDC3F-1515-4422-BFB0-8DFC021E1C14.jpeg

Well I tried to fire it at the end of the day and the new (repro/rebuilt) starter did a few tries and fried. I verified signal was good from the ignition and then I used the power probe to shoot 12v direct and there were sparks in the timing hole and it fully died.

I have a few used ones I’ll dig out tomorrow and try again.

While the rest of them dudes was a getten’ their kicks
Buddy, beg your pardon, I was getten mine.

Mississippi Queen, if you know what I mean.

Hats off....!!!

No idea what made the starter take a dump last night but I got the new one swapped in and it fired right up.

My luck the sweet spot for timing was where a DUI bolt met the side cover. One side it would be 0 degrees then the other would be 30* so I had to relocate.

One hose had a leak. It’s tight now.

The fan was hitting the shroud so I had to grind the ends down. Did that in the truck….not east but better than the alternative.

Made a clutch line and bled it.

Added the seatbelts.

When and if those driveshafts really show up today I’ll be ready to ride!

I had the same issue with the fan hitting the shroud. I tried grinding the ends down a bit and end up throwing the whole thing out of balance. Finally ended up having to buy a new fan and move both the radiator frame and shroud a bit to center it.

I’ve ground most every fan I’ve ever done. It’s good. Not sure how you got it off balance. That’s funny. Maybe you should let other people do those things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom