Pig Party - 2018? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yikes with your diesel? Kind of sucks, but you’re getting there !

So I’ll be pulling in sometime Friday night (8 - 9 pm...). Every space on the website was “reserved”, or probably as FJ55-100 stated, available on a walk up basis. I can try that, share a space with anyone who has room, or camp outside of the park. So far, I’ve just been planning on seeing if they had anything available upon arrival and go from there.

There are some spectacular dispersed camping sites just down from Demote. I’m camping at the end of trail 611 atop a cliff with views of the desert and the canyon. Plenty of space up here. Great Cell service too ;)

611D4027-9C8E-4B45-98FE-A7E8E7739346.jpeg

783C8604-B6D5-40CF-9D19-169BCF794556.jpeg

We are driving a modified rolled fj55 not "Razilla" to the pig party ! This fj55 has a soft top which exposes us to the elements unlike your sealed up hard tops so we could get wet if it rains ! What's the weather like there ? At our place looking east the weather is dark and rainy ! Any issues up on the Mesa ?

View attachment 1724318 Gary needs one. Arriving late Monday.
We are leaving and headed your direction Monday late afternoon depending on traffic and weather we could roll in there somewhere between midnight to Tuesday mid afternoon ! We put in a late nighter last night and after replacing the intake exhaust gaskets She looks to be ready for the ride ! If it rains we may be in for a treat ! Piggies like mud and rain !

Finally buttoned (most) things up yesterday pm. I thought. Now waiting at the radiator shop while THEY pull their re-cored radiator to solder up a couple of pinholes at the joint for the upper tube.
"Are you going to pull the radiator," the shop manager asked. I just looked at him. He's pulling the radiator.
On the road after lunch. Monument Valley tonight. DeMotte tomorrow mid-day.
Onward...

I was hoping to bring along my '86 FJ60 (with FJ55 grille) on a tow dolly behind my truck and camper. I buttoned up the 3FE in the FJ60 late last night and started the break-in this morning. After a few initial hiccups it ran fine for 20 minutes between 1,800 and 2,400 rpm, so I got through the cam lobe part of the break-in. It went so well that I decided to drive it over for the insurance binder and registration. Turns out the check engine light is on and it lacks power under load. It would stall out at every stop on the way through town, so I gave up parked it along the curb near the Shell station. My wife took me back to the house and I drove back over to where I left it and brought it home on the tow dolly. I'll have to look at the codes when we get back from Arizona. It shouldn't be anything major (I hope).

We're still planning on leaving tomorrow morning, unfortunately without any Land Cruiser, and staying at least one night in Space #20 to meet the FJ55 crowd, before making our way west to our place outside of Las Vegas.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom