Pig Party - 2018? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was hoping to bring along my '86 FJ60 (with FJ55 grille) on a tow dolly behind my truck and camper. I buttoned up the 3FE in the FJ60 late last night and started the break-in this morning. After a few initial hiccups it ran fine for 20 minutes between 1,800 and 2,400 rpm, so I got through the cam lobe part of the break-in. It went so well that I decided to drive it over for the insurance binder and registration. Turns out the check engine light is on and it lacks power under load. It would stall out at every stop on the way through town, so I gave up parked it along the curb near the Shell station. My wife took me back to the house and I drove back over to where I left it and brought it home on the tow dolly. I'll have to look at the codes when we get back from Arizona. It shouldn't be anything major (I hope).

We're still planning on leaving tomorrow morning, unfortunately without any Land Cruiser, and staying at least one night in Space #20 to meet the FJ55 crowd, before making our way west to our place outside of Las Vegas.

We can talk shop when we get there on Wednesday. Hopefully you'll still be around. I just did a 2fe swap and experienced similar symptoms as you've described. It's only got around 200 miles on it and as of now it's running great, but I'll soon being putting it to the real test.

We can talk shop when we get there on Wednesday. Hopefully you'll still be around. I just did a 2fe swap and experienced similar symptoms as you've described. It's only got around 200 miles on it and as of now it's running great, but I'll soon being putting it to the real test.
Thanks! We'll probably end up staying through early to mid-morning Thursday.

So I’ll be pulling in sometime Friday night (8 - 9 pm...). Every space on the website was “reserved”, or probably as FJ55-100 stated, available on a walk up basis. I can try that, share a space with anyone who has room, or camp outside of the park. So far, I’ve just been planning on seeing if they had anything available upon arrival and go from there.

Just getting back to the internets after a Father's Day get-a-way.

I have chenged my reservation (Site 017, Loop A) to @fj55-100 contact info. Evan should be able to set you up!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Monument Valley tonight. Spectacular views. Should hit DeMotte tomorrow mid day. First night in the "penthouse" this year.

Same setup as last year. Bob. Sure wish you were able to join us. Hard to imagine anyone putting more adventure into a Pig Party than you and aren't did last year.
Be well...

Missing it and the whole gang. Really bummed about it :(

I am missing it too. Really wanted to be there this year!!!! :frown:

Hey man, we need to learn more about your Pig! Do you have a build thread?
Thanks for the interest Pablo. Not much building has happened since I bought it in February 2017, so no build thread. I bought it with front disc brakes, Downey? leaf springs, Downey header, Offy intake and 4 barrel Holley. Other than that it's pretty complete and original, down to the Koito headlights. I bought it with a new clutch installed, a bad Hone overdrive and barely running Holley. Up until a couple weeks back all I've done is collect parts. I got a wild hair leading into Memorial Day weekend and decided to swap the trans out, and fix the interior door handles (all pretty much broken). I have some questions, so a build thread is probably a good idea ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom