Wanted Phoenix Az 1974 Fj55 Dome Light lens (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Year
Hello. Looking for a dome light lens cover. Not sure if you can still buy these new?

IMG_3673.jpeg

You’re right I missed that! I think I found a complete replacement thru Toyota Matt.
Thank you.

You’re right I missed that! I think I found a complete replacement thru Toyota Matt.
Thank you.
His units came out of a different vehicle. Maybe a Toyota Coaster? I can't remember now. Anyway, it's all the same but they don't come with a switch. Just FYI in case you are expecting it to be the same. Not sure why he advertises them as OEM FJ55 lights. He should just say they are equivalent except they don't have a switch.

There is a supplier in Yemen that probably still has some units left. They weren't cheap though. I bought a couple from him and so have several others here. They are the real deal.

I kinda remember that guy in Yemen also. I got my rear back up lights from him. Yes real.
I think there was somebody that got them Thru him and then mailed them to me.
Yes, that was me.

I kinda remember that guy in Yemen also. I got my rear back up lights from him. Yes real.
I think there was somebody that got them Thru him and then mailed them to me.

just for some very honest and fact based clarification here :

- mr. Eagle has no darn clue what he is talking about Vintage TOYOTA parts wise 94.20% of the time , his over-the-top-zelles B/S that he pumps out using B/S ToyotaPartSteel info , links , and his unusual use of " PHO-I-Know-What_im-Talking-About " Language is extremely Negative in nature , and absolutely and completely 100% un-professional at a core roots level here on MUD ....

- the supporting facts you can clearly read above say so , in-fact it puzzles me why anyone would tell anybody , they don't know what there talking about , before they claim to know more then they know , and then switch gears to talk about what they just made clear they have no formal TOYOTA Motor Sales USA parts or service technical training or experience to be any sort of factual or Technical advisor or some sort of silly Robin Hood here on MUD ???

mr. eagles quote above :

His units came out of a different vehicle. Maybe a Toyota Coaster? I can't remember now. Anyway, it's all the same but they don't come with a switch. Just FYI in case you are expecting it to be the same. Not sure why he advertises them as OEM FJ55 lights. He should just say they are equivalent except they don't have a switch.

There is a supplier in Yemen that probably still has some units left.
They weren't cheap though. I bought a couple from him and so have several others here. They are the deal.

- i never offered any of my NOS FJ55 Room Lamps , that included the remote switch also ?

- i stated all the facts , they are a MILITARY & Commercial FJ55 Part , the driver has control , of the Room Lamp , maybe so the new solder in the back can't turn it on , then all the HAMAS home made rockets , could find the FJ55 at night ? that is 1 of my professional and personal tech/ theories ...

- i think at a core roots level , perhaps mr. Eagle can't handle the fact he can;t find these lamps on his ToyotaPartSteel .com playground he gets commission checks from , of a free parts credit monthly is my take for sure ! for spamming the HECK out of MUD everywhere he slithers around here on MUD .....

- who knows ? the fact remains he is wrong here 100% , bottom line ...

- and , he apparently does not have a paper print media copy of the various TOYOTA Genuine Parts , market regions Commercial and Military Parts mini-catalogers at his fingertips , like i do stacked on my built in bookcase here deep within my SKUNK-WORK Laboratory , behind my desk ....:cool:

- if he did , a clue might be above to help explain why he tells all of you he does not know about what it is he tells you he does know well ?

- over the last Decade approx. i have both personally seen with my own 2 eyes noticed a up-tick , and also personally experienced a higher and higher level of his disturbing and awkward attempts to Harras , and sabotage more then a few MUD RED Banner Registered Supporting Vendors ..

- most may know or saw , the last time he for no reasonable reasons , came at me hard and with a disturbing amount of persistence , that was absolutely internet stalking , & predatory by the wikipedia definition ....

- i created and was thread starter in a super KOOL concept vision thought process , that was 100% TECH and ZERO % sales or self promotion , to fact base create a all things FJ55 FJ56 BJ56
Wiper Washer System , and Cooling System Overflow bottles , caps , hoses , pumps , jars etc ...

- i NEVER posted any links to my online parts store nor ever uttered a single word to suggest anything was for sale , PERIOD !

- i feely admit to having a higher-then-normal Enthusiasm factor going on in general for everything i do Vintage Toyota Land Cruiser Speaking ,

- i have a absolute OCD-TRD-SR5 fascination for anything on vintage toyota's that holds a fluid of any kind in any way , so ......

- i make NO excuses for loving my job and loving the folks i do that job for , in a always 100% best to my abilities honest and ethical way , both here on MUD and my family owned online parts store aas well

- i strongly feel this was the right moment to sieze , to clarify the facts , and explain , perhaps , what others may not of or do not understand , because at the end of the day , my official title on paper is : Professional Mechanistical Artist .....

- that sometimes comes with a double edge sword , of sorts , and the ongoing and continued harassments , and tell anything to anybody B/S factor words mr. Eagle types above are a solid text book paper print media example of just that ...

- i can't tell you all the Entire FJ55 Basement Forum community how bumb'd out and sad it made me , when our special and dedicated FJ55 Moderator @tucker74 mentioned that he had to delete my passion thread for what i considered a historical document here on mud the FJ55 wiper washer and cooling system anything technical resource thread .....

- for the record it came to that end and now will NEVER exist to help empower and educate all FJ55 56 owner operators , due to Mr. Eagles poor choices he used and applied over the course of a 72 hour period , know that these are the sad facts that affect ALL of you , and you will NEVER have the chance to see what was going to be nothing less then then ALL global market regions ONLY and Best OEM TOYOTA T-TEN technical modern resource on the globe at your fingertips 24/7

- please carefully read the above twice , i have spoken here openly and honestly .......and nothing less

kindly

ToyotaMatt

- @tucker74

-

- @gonzopancho

- @PabloCruise

- @Blastservices

- @shmukster

- @Old Nick

- @Voodoocruisers

- @Tomba

- @jestlurnin

- @Hobbs81

- @Ol Yeller

- @greenbeast

- @JohnnyC

Last edited:
You are awesome. I only read it once but I will re-read it again. That was great!
Back in touch shortly :)

You are awesome. I only read it once but I will re-read it again. That was great!
Back in touch shortly :)

thank you very much , :)

- sometimes , being 100% transparent out in the open , no matter how awkward , or maybe sum what unsure about the outcome , or how others may react or reply back is necessary ....

- in this unique case i have nothing to be ashamed of , nothing to hide , and i make no excuses for my technical abilities and 34+ years of TOYOTA Lifestyle experience in parts and service technical , my first job at age 15 . circa 1989 was the after school PM shift 3-6pm m-f at my local neighborhood toyota dealer parts dept. @ Browns TOYOTA City ........
-
Now in 2023 , this is what that has led to and the adventure continues .......... all things Vintage TOYOTA Parts ..

- THIS IS THE WAY ..........

(1.2).png

I normally wouldn't even bother replying to this BS but I have been asked about this thread so here goes. In fact, I wouldn't even know about most of this thread's content except for those questions. What everyone needs to understand up front is ToyotaMatt has me blocked from his content so I can't even see his posts unless I log out of the website. I really don't know why the website is set up so that you can block someone from seeing your content and then talk about said person with the comfort that they can't "see" what you are posting? I'm guessing most don't abuse that privilege but obviously some do.

I have copied his post below as I find it tantamount to slander of my name and reputation. I don't want Matt to go back and edit his post without a copy around for posterity.

@ToyotaMatt, I am not in the parts business. In fact, since CDan retired, the only person I know in the Toyota parts business is my friend in Yemen. I am not in competition with you - period. I am a retired petrochemical executive and Land Cruisers are just one of my hobbies. Yes, I can look up parts. I use ToyoDIY.com. If you recall, you personally reached out to me a couple of years back and asked me how I found part numbers. I facilitated getting you signed up to use that site. I was happy to do so at the time. Looking up parts is not rocket science. I am pretty sure even the most mentally challenged of us could easily use that database.

I honestly have no idea why you would basically call me a lying snake on a public website (paraphrasing "spamming the HECK out of MUD everywhere he slithers around here on MUD .....). I actually chuckled at the irony of that one. Imagine the spam-master of spam-masters calling me out for spamming. LOL

So if your issue with me is these top secret, ex-military dome lights and switches, then please educate me and everyone else. I can find no record of an FJ55 dome light without a built in switch. I also cannot find a dash switch for an FJ55 that operates the dome light. What I can find when I cross reference the dome light lens for the FJ55 (81241-61011) are other applications of that lens on other dome lights. I said Toyota Coaster in my reply to the OP but in double checking it is the Hiace that has a dome light just like the FJ55 light but absent the built in switch and it comes with a dash mounted switch for the dome light. So what makes more sense, that you found some super secret, ex-military stash of dome lights that seem to be undocumented or that you found some Hiace dome lights that were still in production as late as 1986? I normally go with the simple explanation but sometimes that's incorrect so I would really like to know. I like your story by the way about having the dash switch so that you can open the door without the light coming on so the new soldier doesn't get shot. The FJ55 OEM dome lights have 3 way switches so the doors can be opened without the light coming on.

So, having said all that, please educate us in the zen ways of Toyota Parts and show us how you know that those are actually NOS FJ55 dome lights and switches? I know how much you value honesty, open communication, etc. and I certainly value continuous education so I am most happy to be schooled on this subject - seriously.

@Rsampson1959, normally I would apologize profusely for mucking up your thread but I don't think that's warranted in this case. In May of last year when I was still in Saudi Arabia you reached out to me about NOS reverse lights because of a post I had made. I told you that I wasn't in the parts business and gave you my Yemeni contact's details and reassured you that he could be trusted. You didn't want to do that and asked if you could go through me to get the parts. Without knowing you from Adam I paid for the parts and got them shipped. I furthermore then repackaged them and shipped them to you in Arizona. I didn't charge you anything for doing any of that because I was happy to help and again, that's not my business. I was frankly more than a little disappointed when our friend Matt called me a lying snake (again, paraphrasing) and your response was "You are awesome. I only read it once but I will re-read it again. That was great!" Thanks.

So @ToyotaMatt here is your attestation as to the documentation behind these lights:

"he apparently does not have a paper print media copy of the various TOYOTA Genuine Parts , market regions Commercial and Military Parts mini-catalogers at his fingertips , like i do stacked on my built in bookcase here deep within my SKUNK-WORK Laboratory , behind my desk ....:cool:"

I assume it wouldn't be too much trouble to share a copy here? Again, if they really are from military FJ55s then I would find it beyond interesting and I know others would as well. And if it is true, then maybe you could just share that information with whoever offends you in the future instead of slandering them in a public forum?

Copy and Paste:

just for some very honest and fact based clarification here :

- mr. Eagle has no darn clue what he is talking about Vintage TOYOTA parts wise 94.20% of the time , his over-the-top-zelles B/S that he pumps out using B/S ToyotaPartSteel info , links , and his unusual use of " PHO-I-Know-What_im-Talking-About " Language is extremely Negative in nature , and absolutely and completely 100% un-professional at a core roots level here on MUD ....

- the supporting facts you can clearly read above say so , in-fact it puzzles me why anyone would tell anybody , they don't know what there talking about , before they claim to know more then they know , and then switch gears to talk about what they just made clear they have no formal TOYOTA Motor Sales USA parts or service technical training or experience to be any sort of factual or Technical advisor or some sort of silly Robin Hood here on MUD ???

mr. eagles quote above :

There is a supplier in Yemen that probably still has some units left. They weren't cheap though. I bought a couple from him and so have several others here. They are the deal.

- i never offered any of my NOS FJ55 Room Lamps , that included the remote switch also ?

- i stated all the facts , they are a MILITARY & Commercial FJ55 Part , the driver has control , of the Room Lamp , maybe so the new solder in the back can't turn it on , then all the HAMAS home made rockets , could find the FJ55 at night ? that is 1 of my professional and personal tech/ theories ...

- i think at a core roots level , perhaps mr. Eagle can't handle the fact he can;t find these lamps on his ToyotaPartSteel .com playground he gets commission checks from , of a free parts credit monthly is my take for sure ! for spamming the HECK out of MUD everywhere he slithers around here on MUD .....

- who knows ? the fact remains he is wrong here 100% , bottom line ...

- and , he apparently does not have a paper print media copy of the various TOYOTA Genuine Parts , market regions Commercial and Military Parts mini-catalogers at his fingertips , like i do stacked on my built in bookcase here deep within my SKUNK-WORK Laboratory , behind my desk ....:cool:

- if he did , a clue might be above to help explain why he tells all of you he does not know about what it is he tells you he does know well ?

- over the last Decade approx. i have both personally seen with my own 2 eyes noticed a up-tick , and also personally experienced a higher and higher level of his disturbing and awkward attempts to Harras , and sabotage more then a few MUD RED Banner Registered Supporting Vendors ..

- most may know or saw , the last time he for no reasonable reasons , came at me hard and with a disturbing amount of persistence , that was absolutely internet stalking , & predatory by the wikipedia definition ....

- i created and was thread starter in a super KOOL concept vision thought process , that was 100% TECH and ZERO % sales or self promotion , to fact base create a all things FJ55 FJ56 BJ56 Wiper Washer System , and Cooling System Overflow bottles , caps , hoses , pumps , jars etc ...

- i NEVER posted any links to my online parts store nor ever uttered a single word to suggest anything was for sale , PERIOD !

- i feely admit to having a higher-then-normal Enthusiasm factor going on in general for everything i do Vintage Toyota Land Cruiser Speaking ,

- i have a absolute OCD-TRD-SR5 fascination for anything on vintage toyota's that holds a fluid of any kind in any way , so ......

- i make NO excuses for loving my job and loving the folks i do that job for , in a always 100% best to my abilities honest and ethical way , both here on MUD and my family owned online parts store aas well

- i strongly feel this was the right moment to sieze , to clarify the facts , and explain , perhaps , what others may not of or do not understand , because at the end of the day , my official title on paper is : Professional Mechanistical Artist .....

- that sometimes comes with a double edge sword , of sorts , and the ongoing and continued harassments , and tell anything to anybody B/S factor words mr. Eagle types above are a solid text book paper print media example of just that ...

- i can't tell you all the Entire FJ55 Basement Forum community how bumb'd out and sad it made me , when our special and dedicated FJ55 Moderator @tucker74 mentioned that he had to delete my passion thread for what i considered a historical document here on mud the FJ55 wiper washer and cooling system anything technical resource thread .....

- for the record it came to that end and now will NEVER exist to help empower and educate all FJ55 56 owner operators , due to Mr. Eagles poor choices he used and applied over the course of a 72 hour period , know that these are the sad facts that affect ALL of you , and you will NEVER have the chance to see what was going to be nothing less then then ALL global market regions ONLY and Best OEM TOYOTA T-TEN technical modern resource on the globe at your fingertips 24/7

- please carefully read the above twice , i have spoken here openly and honestly .......and nothing less

kindly

ToyotaMatt

- @tucker74

-

- @gonzopancho

- @PabloCruise

- @Blastservices

- @shmukster

- @Old Nick

- @Voodoocruisers

- @Tomba

- @jestlurnin

- @Hobbs81

- @Ol Yeller

- @greenbeast

- @JohnnyC

Last edited: Sunday at 6:26 PM
Your Niche Specialty LAND CRUISER Parts Family Owned Online Store
VintageTeqParts.com Home Page – VintageTEqParts.com - https://vintageteqparts.com/
The TOYOTA Factory Focus Point Mind Set Approach is Spoken Here

Well this :poop: doesn’t happen in the sty much.

WDE I appreciate the time and care in that post, I’m very sure most of the brethren here will as well.

Late to the party as usual. I don’t know what these are selling for these days, but I’ve got a box of them somewhere. Just grabbed some loose ones to illustrate.
IMG_8275.jpeg

Thanks. And does the base mount have a switch also?
The quickest way to find out is to call Mark at the number listed in his signature line and leave a message. He will get back to you promptly. If he has FJ55 bases then they will have a switch - unless they are broken off, as so many are.

- i strongly feel this was the right moment to sieze , to clarify the facts , and explain , perhaps , what others may not of or do not understand , because at the end of the day , my official title on paper is : Professional Artist .....

I agree, Matt is an Artist...

mr. Eagle ,

- i will not be editing my post above where i outline in a very transparent , and more importantly genuinely honest and fact-based way , the more then a few as in dozens of separate occasions you have openly challenged both my stand alone TECH. threads and also classified ads here on MUD over recent years .

- i find it a noteworthy note you do not mention the whole FJ55 dedicated Wiper Washer system , & Coolant recovery system TECH. thread that you and you alone made it your mission to sabotage , plaster your inaccurate ToyotaPartSteel links and inaccurate images and the bogus parts supersessions that 99% of all MUD members forum wide , who know there smoke and mirrors game of making it krystal klear they have that super rare unicorn part we all need in-stock , so you order it , and a pile of other commonalty available parts , only to be told and refunded that in-stock unicorn part is not available , mean while you end up paying them for the rest of the order as they have planned and hatched from the very beginning .

- off all folks , i think you might possibly be aware of this ? , but that is the one fact i find more then puzzling here lets just say ...?

- again , that tech thread was pipe-dreamed up by me , because it was going to be a super kool historical archive for all to refer to , and instead of maybe contributing in some meaningful and MUD-worthy group effort positive way ? you did there what you once again , for the countless time here , told the O/P and the FJ55 community as a whole im wrong and your right , without any supporting documentation in any way ?

- i believe in and subscribe to VENDORS NOT engaging in transactional activity in TECH , i NEVER discuss money or paypal or whatever period ! I double dog you to find a clear example of me selling a BOLT , anywhere on MUD for a single penny in the last 10+ years ..... i simply refer folks to a PM , or post a LINK to my store , MUD VENDOR guidelines are krystal klear on this topic , trust me i know them well ....

- this is a classified ad , so not here of course ...

- maybe you should make a Formal Apology to all the FJ55 folks for robbing them of the wiper washer and coolant TECH thread that was off to a fine start , until you made the POOR choices you did that day !

- :idea: ahhh ! i have a better idea , why don't you build that thread topic in you own way , keep it ALL TECH , and NOT plaster ToyotaPartSteel links ? that would intriguing to see ....?

- you genuine attempt to once again here sabotage my Ability to put food on my table , is why i chose to post above and here once again now , and i will in any future attempts like this classified ad thread remind the Forum and FJ55 folks of just that ....

- same goes for any of my tech threads mr. eagle , at the core root fundamental level , i agree your not in a business related completion , except the suspicious plastering of the ToyotaPartSteel links , which far outweighs any links to my family run online parts store here on MUD

- lastly , i find it intriguing you suggest i provide or prove , as you cleverly word " share " my OEM non-usa paper print media tradecraft nomenclature and parts diagrams ? mr. Eagle the ice Hockey player with the best stick tape on his or her stick can better control the puck , the TOYOTA Dealership Technician with the latest and most clever SST's can complete the scope of work faster , and provide better end product results . this is called a Niche . why would i share , what others sadly would exploit ? 99% of Fellow Land Cruiser Enthusiast just like me , and fellow mud members do not obsess on this topic like you do here and have more then a few times in the past .

- this is so strange to have to educate you on this topic , but it's obviously necessary here
:rolleyes:

- so here is a few FJ55 related topics below to keep you occupied , get your TEq-Gears turning and i hope will also help you maybe , just maybe have a different approach in any future occasions , that you find yourself tempted conduct yourself in a un-professional manner towards me in any way shape of form here on MUD in the future ...

- you asked for me to share ? i think i can a wee-bit here , a solid 120mm thick is all you get , including the non-usa only FJ55 , FJ56 , BJ56 OEM factory key blanks that i can say for a fact share NO other TOYOTA vehicle platform globally , like a Coaster bus for example as you lightly put it above .....

- it would be a positive step in a positive direction perhaps if you , on your own with no outside help from a Toyota Genuine Parts & Service Technical Professional , for example posted the correct TOYOTA OEM part # for this 55 , 56 series key blank below , that i show both sides of / front and back ....

- please exercise better judgement in the future mr. Eagle , our FJ55 MUD community is hoping the same too ....

-

4B9ED151-E765-462F-BAB7-B328AB20A95F.jpeg
9C082A7C-2D32-420A-8BBA-067C56948149.jpeg
F5642CBB-BBEC-487D-828B-500182E6D051.jpeg
View attachment 3479004
20D536A7-53FC-497A-9EC9-45061FC73FB7.jpeg

14C33587-959E-4218-9529-0FB42EF887D0.jpeg

5C0AF9EB-D5CB-4B8B-A3D2-ED3EA06BD72D.jpeg

51FA7D73-F256-4EAB-9F87-3051A3CD2DFD.jpeg

695857BE-C2D7-48A1-8B50-E801D195BCF3.jpeg

BF82E0D7-0FC2-477E-9ECB-F70CE130A024.jpeg

Last edited: