Builds Pappy's 3RZ-FE Transplant Adventure (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 4' Firestick I will sell you cheap.

I am now officially broke for the next few weeks. Gasket kit and timing bits for the rebuild.

Timing Parts_sm.jpg
Gasket Kit_sm.jpg

More progress!

Goofing around. Timing bits gone. Camshafts gone. Balance shafts gone. Everything bagged and tagged. The only thing left is to pull the head, but I'm in no hurry.

Before.

Timing assembly-sm.jpg

After.

Bare face-3-sm.jpg

Cam-less head.

Bare head (2)-sm.jpg

A little wrinkle. From Marlin Crawler:

"Jon, we are out of the 2TR Bellhousing kit. It will be 3-4 months before we receive more."

:mad: :censor:

Marlin charged my credit card. I've challenged the charge with the CC company. I specifically told Marlin "don't even think of charging my credit card until you ship." :bang:

That's not a good business practice. I am hoping it's just a glitch on their end and they will quickly reverse the charges. Either that, or there's a surprise bell housing on its way to you sooner than you expected...

Bummers!! Not what I wanna hear about a marlin transaction!!

Last week before I went to Colorado I picked up the brackets I had cleaned, and the flywheel. All painted and pretty.

Painted brackets-sm.jpg

Nice! Also, what ever happened with the Marlin transaction?

Citi still shows it in dispute, with a conditional credit.

It's time. Cylinder head in the car for a trip to the machine shop.

head in car-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Piston top.

piston1-sm.jpg

Top deck.

topside-sm.jpg

This inquiring mind wants to know. Toyota gave the 20R, the 22R, and the 22R-E valve cover decals. Even the 1FZ-FE had a valve cover decal. How come the 3RZ-FE didn't get one?

1fz-fe badge.jpg

22re badge-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Guess I'll just have to fix that. Thanks @lurch for the graphic assistance and nailing this.

3RZ-FE-extrasm.jpg

This is gonna look real sexy on my engine. B&W version.

3rz-fe decal-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Received from Citi ...

"We are unable to delay or stop payment on this charge. Since the card
number was given at the time of purchase, the merchant may bill your account
at any time and ship the merchandise on the agreed upon date."

In other words, even if they don't have the product, and can't provide the product for 4 months, and I agree to accept the product in 4 months … they can charge the card. There was a 2005 Tacoma with a 2TR at the u-pull last week. Sure wish I had looked to see what tranny it had.

Legally, that may be the case, but still disappointing that Marlin would charge the card when you had a verbal agreement that they would not charge before shipping the product.

Cylinder head back from the machine shop. Knighton's did the work. Now to reinstall all the studs and adjust the camshafts.

Head exhaust side-sm.jpg

Head intake side-sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom