Builds Pappy's 3RZ-FE Transplant Adventure (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little wrinkle. From Marlin Crawler:

"Jon, we are out of the 2TR Bellhousing kit. It will be 3-4 months before we receive more."

Can the parts be purchased straight from Toyota?

Can the parts be purchased straight from Toyota?

Yes, but I don't know what modifications would need to be made to the bellhousing. The 2TR bellhousing is too long, that has been established. But the information is not online for which side to mill, and how much. Sure, using my current bellhousing I could figure it out, but this was easier … and cheaper because of the machine work.

Last edited:
Apparently the Toyota Production System and Just In Time Kaizen only applies if you are actually Toyota buying from your tier suppliers. Otherwise, you get to wait.

I called AmToy. They are showing two in the country.

"Jon, we are out of the 2TR Bellhousing kit. It will be 3-4 months before we receive more."

Go find a woman and start dancing.....

like in 4 months you'd be ready to have this project done and installed...:flipoff2:

like in 4 months you'd be ready to have this project done and installed...:flipoff2:

:worms:

Actually, that is the plan. Though, more like five months. Rebuild in November. Install in December. :flipoff2:

Also, I called AmToy about the availability of the bellhousing. According to Don there are two of them in the USA right now. So I don't know what Marlin's problem is.

:lol: I had to. just because I have no motivation since it won't be my vehicle in the end. Brock has done little to move things along. a teenager too busy with video games...:deadhorse:

Also, I called AmToy about the availability of the bellhousing. According to Don there are two of them in the USA right now. So I don't know what Marlin's problem is.

Buy it and send to Marlin for machining???

Buy it and send to Marlin for machining???
Since I'm not in a hurry I've already told Marlin to proceed. But also told him he better let me know if he can't get it by the middle of October. There is a pending charge on my card I'm waiting to drop off. I will redirect the funds to something else for this engine.

Not too much left to purchase, but plenty to do.

Can't get the bellhousing? Then I'll just get the junk to stuff on or in it.

Clutch and Starter_sm.jpg

Also, went to Anderson Automotive Machine shop today. Dropped off a bunch of stuff to get hot tanked, and the flywheel surfaced. I also talked with him about rebuilding the engine. I had two potential plans.

Plan A: Get master rebuild kit from LCE. Take long block to machine shop. Have them do their magic.

Plan B: Take engine apart. Get gasket kit, and timing bits, from Toyota. Take head to machine shop #1. Take short block, minus timing and balance shafts, to machine shop #2. Learn about the internals of this engine, and put it back together myself.

Looks like Plan B will be the direction I go. Anderson wouldn't use my parts, which for warranty reasons I can understand.

Good thing you are not in a huge rush. Hopefully you will be at the top of the list for the next batch.

Good thing you are not in a huge rush. Hopefully you will be at the top of the list for the next batch.
It just lets me redirect the budget toward other things. Acquiring the bellhousing is not a problem if Marlin doesn't come though.

It just lets me redirect the budget toward other things.

Jon does have a "diet pepsi" habit that needs to be sustained.......:rofl:

Thank you, thank you very much, ladies and gents. Please, don't forget to tip your wait staff....I'll be here again tomorrow night

This has nothing to do with the 3RZ. I ordered a replacement CB antenna mount for the FJ40 that was destroyed in the roll. These folks have no idea what I drive. I received this rather creative shipping confirmation this morning.

Jon Stewart,

After our celebration of your order subsided, we went sprinting off down the warehouse aisles to find, pull and pack your purchase. Soon, your items were safely packaged and we handed them off to Eric, our trusty off-road courier.

He set off in his Land Cruiser FJ40 from our wooded Montana warehouse braving deeply rutted roads and swift streams. After winching himself out of an especially muddy section of trail, he finally arrived at our rural Montana shipping station. Mud spattered and weary, he dashed inside with your package under arm, just in time to catch the last truck leaving for the day.

We've got some good news! All of the items from order #71953 have now been shipped.

crap, I need to replace my broken CB antenna with one of them thin plastic antenna. Since Mesa CB is defunct, who else might have one locally? Maybe I'll just go to the Truck travel center on Menaul and see what they got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom