overflow & Windshield Washer Tanks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Checking in, wondering how this is working...

Both tanks work just fine. There has been no visible aging, no cracks. It looks like it did the day I installed it (except for the dust). I added an additional factory sprayer on the hood and all four streams are strong.

I will post up photos of the bottom in the next couple of days.

Both tanks work just fine. There has been no visible aging, no cracks. It looks like it did the day I installed it (except for the dust). I added an additional factory sprayer on the hood and all four streams are strong.

Thanks!

Both tanks work just fine.

Bsevans, could you post up the bottom pics? Also maybe a few more details about installing the washer motor? I think this is the most sanitary install and solution going, and I want to copy it...remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Cheers!

Bsevans, could you post up the bottom pics? Also maybe a few more details about installing the washer motor? I think this is the most sanitary install and solution going, and I want to copy it...remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Cheers!
I am interested in the return line as well.

Bump for another request for more info for those of us without your mad skills.

Bump for another request for more info for those of us without your mad skills.

OK, I will take a new series of photos and attempt to define the modified bores on the windshield washer tank and the interface plate to the factory bracket.

OK, I will take a new series of photos and attempt to define the modified bores on the windshield washer tank and the interface plate to the factory bracket.

Time to check the progress - just curious how the pump mounts and how the bottles mount?

Thanks

holy thread revival batman :lol:

I'll be looking into this soon. Currently my truck's radiator overflows to the pavement, and the windshield washer bottle is cracked. That said, the windshield washer plumbing is completely gone anyway so I've got a lot of work to do there! :hillbilly:

EDIT - just realized this thread is a year old...

Agreed! I have a friend who is actually using a 750mL beer bottle strapped to a cross member as an overflow tank for the radiator in his CJ7...actually said it was because the plastic tanks didn't hold up...shocked glass holds up better!

I am using a generic overflow tank and the Specter aftermarket washer bottle -while it did not fit the bracket- is holding up zip-tied in and hasn't cracked yet in 8 years

I was wondering what people would be willing to pay for an OEM replica version of the Radiator Overflow Bottle. If we had them made we could reuse the old brackets. Mine has cracked at the top and now has holes in it. May be if enough of us are interested we could get a plastic manufacture to make them but we would have to sell quite a few to pay for the mold to be made.

I was wondering what people would be willing to pay for an OEM replica version of the Radiator Overflow Bottle. If we had them made we could reuse the old brackets. Mine has cracked at the top and now has holes in it. May be if enough of us are interested we could get a plastic manufacture to make them but we would have to sell quite a few to pay for the mold to be made.

What year is your rig?
For overflow, I could convert to the 60 series, which is still available. I do need a washer fluid bottle that would fit my bracket and use my pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom