Our 1968 FJ55 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Persistence pays off, pulled the grill out to clean up the parking lights, got them working. Took the time to straighten out the grill and standoffs. Broke a headlight so needed one of those, bought two as other had grinding slag on it. The emergency flasher work but the directional not. Found a old standard flasher and wired jumper to fit. She now has directional. Last item on the list was replace a bulb in the license plate light, now that works. All of my lights now work on the outside.

I replaced the rear window junction block with a newer type yesterday in the hopes of getting it to work, no joy. I'm pretty sure the circuit breaker is working. I pulled the instrument cluster and checked it and the switch months ago. I have a feeling that the safety switch is not allowing a ground. Gonna take my meter and see if there is a ground.

More progress I have reflectors in the rear thanks to NAPA P/n 47TD. I also have the rear window going up and down. Took my meter and determined that there was no ground. So wired the motor directly to ground. I will have to investigate whats wrong with the switch once I'm able to get the tail gate down. The latch is not releasing.

The reason the tailgate will not go down is she took a pretty good hit on the right rear corner.

Last edited:
Morning everyone working on the old girl again. PO took a torch to the front valance when he installed a homemade plow. Managed to find a good but used one on eBay. Had the time to pull out the old and install the new one this morning.

Last edited:
One small step for mankind, one huge step pigs

Afternoon guys, spent a little time with the old girl doing some scrubbing in the engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom