ONSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw that, guess he and the Snowman can start planning their next Coors run. Is bringing it East of Jordan still bootleggin'?

Take care over the next few days Carolina people. Good luck. I'll be thinking about you.

upload_2018-9-11_9-44-47.png

My 80 front wipers move slower than normal and I can easily hear the gear noise at any speed. Remove and grease the motor or linkage? Lots going on today and tomorrow so I figured I'd ask here to allow for more time NOT spent researching this time.

try a jumper wire to motor to make sure it isn't a internal wiring issue.
you can try your favorite astrolube on the link assembly. but, by the time you get under the cowl to get to the linkage, you will probably want to just replace the motor (85110-60141) so you don't have to go back in there.

upload_2018-9-11_17-25-10.png

a little screw driver like one shown below makes it a lot easier to remove the cowl screws
upload_2018-9-11_17-29-32.jpeg

upload_2018-9-11_17-31-19.jpeg

My 80 front wipers move slower than normal and I can easily hear the gear noise at any speed. Remove and grease the motor or linkage? Lots going on today and tomorrow so I figured I'd ask here to allow for more time NOT spent researching this time.
If no time to get the part in, clean and Rain-x that windshield.. a good coating of that stuff is amazing.

I just replaced my wiper motor. DO NOT BUY the new unit from RockAuto. My OEM motor was making lots of noise when it did work 20% of the time. The new motor is quiet however the black epoxy that was used to seal the unit has melted from the heat of the engine .

Anyone have any car camping suggestions for Asheville?

It doesn't have to be electric/water capable - would prefer it though.

Anyone have any car camping suggestions for Asheville?

It doesn't have to be electric/water capable - would prefer it though.

We loved our stay at Mt Pisgah state park. It is a little further away than it looks on the map. No electric, water at spigots, RV spots are tight. Almost always walk in spots available. Opens up again tomorrow.

Find Campsites - MOUNT PISGAH CAMPGROUND, NC - Recreation.gov

Davidson campground is also great down by Brevard. Has nice level pads with water and electric. Beautiful area!

Davidson River Campground

Round Mountain Campground is accessible by car, not too far from Asheville. One of my favorite spots to camp.

I just did two stays at the KOA in Swananoa on level sites that had power and water. Pond immediately out your door, and the creek on the other side about 50 ft away.

was 43.50 a night. You get wifi, and the bathhouse has enough hot water pressure to recircumsize ya if you arent careful. Freakin waterjet has less pressure than that showerhead.

@GLTHFJ60 got me thinking about some more - bigger list of public stuff:
  • Round Mountain is bout 1:45 away - concur its a fun place as few go here - toilets, but no electric (showers? I forget)
  • Paint Creek is about 1:30 away - toilets, no electric
  • Mt Pisgah is 1:00 (water and showers and toilets, no electric)
  • Davidson Creek is 1:00 (water, showers, electric, toilets)
  • Mills River is 45 mins, but wouldn't recommend it, too many mosquitos, etc. We haven't stayed here, but drove through and heard reports.
  • Mile High is 1:15, but all west of Asheville - good reports, never been
  • Chimney Rock is 1:00, but never stayed there - Johnny or Steve?

I also see Curtis Creek up toward Marion - don't know much about it.

• Davidson is hard to get into - reserve ahead if possible.
  • Mt Pisgah always has room for extras / drive ins - you may WANT to get a backpacking spot vs RV as they are bigger - definitely look at spots first if they let you. May have to get two spots if you have the trailer. Hotel and restaurant across the streat is neat with a cool view.

There used to be a nice campground at Cascade lake outside of Brevard. I do not know the fate of the Campground since the land it was on got tangled up in a nasty probate fight. Last I heard, the state of NC was getting some of the land for Dupont State Forest but I have seen nothing since ....

Anyone want to go watch thursday night football with me in Cleveland. You pay for the travel and i'll pay for the game ;)

upload_2018-9-18_12-54-56.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom