Builds Oman -> SoCal 1995 FZJ75 Troopy (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you decide you want to go the bumper/tire carrier route @Bogan has a very good one for sale in the classifieds.

Well I am now the proud owner of a Kaymar rear bumper as well! Should be headed my way in SoCal here shortly.

So now I've got a front ARB on the way, the Kaymar rear, Wheels, soon to be tires...

Hope this thing doesn't need too much else!

Nicely done!

Today was full of highs and lows. Ordered 5 EvoCorse wheels, all were scheduled to be delivered today. Despite fedex saying all 5 were delivered, only 3 were on my porch. I originally thought 2 had been stolen, but it would seem 2 are still held up in Memphis at import clearance following some detective work.

Wheels that did arrive look tremendous. Looking forward to wrapping these in 255/85R16 Falken Wildpeak M/Ts.

E55D7AC4-B0A6-410B-8EDF-AC088F27E27D.jpeg

BC0F2D77-13EC-4559-8ACD-7ECDF72E1AF0.jpeg

78936BCF-4F11-482B-A33C-0E624FCE8C5C.jpeg

DD1F3F59-D9FF-4DA1-911E-E9A2E422E2A0.jpeg

Other two wheels arrived today. Great success all around.

Troopy arrives at the port of Los Angeles Friday, should take 5-10 days for clearance and subsequent delivery to my house.

Kaymar ships tomorrow, ARB deluxe bull bar slated to ship no later than 7 Feb.

Plan is coming together nicely.

Ordered tires from Discount Tire here locally, they showed up in less than a day. Price was $265 installed out the door per tire.

Discount price matched tirebuyer at $235/tire. The store did a great job making sure they didn't scratch my new wheels. Both employees I talked to were impressed with the wheels.

All 5 fit with ease in the back of the 21 Cruiser with the middle seats folded forward. My troopy in its 20ft container is being moved from the port to the offloading warehouse this weekend allegedly, with delivery "sometime soon after" per my import broker.

986BA64C-7E67-4290-89E1-0429B95A6D16.jpeg

She has arrived! Difficulties with my import broker, but eventually she got dropped off at my door.

Cursory look here in the dark has made realize two quick things:

1. How do I move the seat back further than stock? I'm right on the pedals still at 6'1". I need to move back another 4-6 inches or so.
2. I need a new battery and new terminals. My negative is as loose as a "sleeve of wizard" as Borat would say.

15643497-F72C-43AF-BB5D-242F2E7EBAC4.jpeg

2AFD10FC-40A3-42A6-8555-B465AECA9815.jpeg

4584DE26-8637-494C-AE17-F03B6B1882B4.jpeg

E99469C5-A082-49D1-8773-D63470870BBC.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello,

It is good your Troopy made it.

You will have to install an adapter to allow the seat to move back farther. There are a couple threads on how to do it.

Battery terminals are available from Toyota. When changing the negative terminal, replace the whole cable setup (battery and ground cable,) not just the terminal.

Juan

Hello,

It is good your Troopy made it.

You will have to install an adapter to allow the seat to move back farther. There are a couple threads on how to do it.

Battery terminals are available from Toyota. When changing the negative terminal, replace the whole cable setup (battery and ground cable,) not just the terminal.

Juan
Thanks Juan. I will look for those threads. Any idea on the part numbers for the battery cabling? Partsouq was showing no longer available.

Installed the EvoCorse wheels this evening. Looks terrific... BUT

EVERY corner had a stud that was stripped or not working. Skipped 1 lug on passenger front and rear, and then on driver front one of the lugs seems to be "loose". I will upload a video, but I'm unable to remove the lug now. Hoping I didn't just ruin something dramatic.

Also realized along with needing new lugs, my front driver knuckle is toast. Brakes and rotors on the front look fine, drums have surface rust and I'll probably just change them when I change lugs.

CBED7037-1F74-4E1E-A805-67F35104C534.jpeg

E2DA5A5B-A9A9-472E-B0FB-219B24C359C5.jpeg

5ADD2B1E-1886-41D6-A62D-65C0AAD5ACA3.jpeg

3A7FC41A-5A50-4636-AADB-4906FE3EF459.jpeg

98CABABA-C79F-453A-8460-CB50683E172C.jpeg

9D2828ED-36A4-4F0D-8D1E-686BFADEE872.jpeg

Another helpful trick when looking for part numbers is to go to ToyoDIY.com - https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref and put the number in to see what domestic models is cross references too, sometimes you find out it's the same number as a 60 series and you can just go to Autozone or NAPA and get it if you don't want to wait for an international order to show up.

I put in a stud using my VIN to search for the diagrams, you need the 10-digiit part number you get after you click on the diagram number.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Another helpful trick when looking for part numbers is to go to ToyoDIY.com - https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref and put the number in to see what domestic models is cross references too, sometimes you find out it's the same number as a 60 series and you can just go to Autozone or NAPA and get it if you don't want to wait for an international order to show up.

I put in a stud using my VIN to search for the diagrams, you need the 10-digiit part number you get after you click on the diagram number.

View attachment 3250460
Didn't realize I could do this with toyodiy! Thank you!

She has arrived! Difficulties with my import broker, but eventually she got dropped off at my door.

Cursory look here in the dark has made realize two quick things:

1. How do I move the seat back further than stock? I'm right on the pedals still at 6'1". I need to move back another 4-6 inches or so.
2. I need a new battery and new terminals. My negative is as loose as a "sleeve of wizard" as Borat would say.

View attachment 3249660

View attachment 3249661
I'd love to buy those steel wheels if you're keen! Do you have 5 of them?

Great looking troopy, and those Evocourse! Love those rims.

I’m 6’5” and moved my seat back 3” and it made a world of difference. Super easy.

i Went and grabbed a 1.5” x 1/4” steel bar and cut the holes to match and extend it to a 3” longer than stock setup. To clear the front seat slider bolt, I had to raise the very front with a spacer.

1676659503862.jpeg

1676659792276.jpeg

I'd love to buy those steel wheels if you're keen! Do you have 5 of them?
You're second in line unfortunately! I've got 3 standard wheels and 2 split rooms. Unable to find anyone who works on split rims here in SoCal

You're second in line unfortunately! I've got 3 standard wheels and 2 split rooms. Unable to find anyone who works on split rims here in SoCal
Thanks for the reply! I've got a set of 5 16" splits if anyone's interested ... they're a bit rusty but otherwise fine. I ran them for a good while when I first got the rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom