OM606 diesel conversion FJ62 CAtuned off-road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good information on the weights. Thanks for sharing. I'm guessing the 617 is a little heavier than the 606 due to the iron head.

Eric

Originally I want to swap 12 valve Cummins from a 96 Dodge and man this sucker is heavy
20170214_131624.jpg

what is the displacement of the OM617? I was under the impression a california motor swap had to be same age or newer AND AND same size or BIGGER...Any of you OM*** swappers manage to get thru a smog ref within the last couple years? I'm on the edge of my seat over this...:popcorn:

what is the displacement of the OM617? I was under the impression a california motor swap had to be same age or newer AND AND same size or BIGGER...Any of you OM*** swappers manage to get thru a smog ref within the last couple years? I'm on the edge of my seat over this...:popcorn:

I've been mucking up the thread with the OM617 talk. This swap is using the OM606 which looks like it was 1993 to 2000 - 3.0L and inline 6. The 1979-1985 OM617 is a 3.0L inline 5.

Can't help with the legalities. In Ohio we don't have to anything but put plates on it.

Eric

@47coeman do you have any insight on the displacement issues here in CALI? have you been able to get swaps thru the ref in the last couple of years?

Sent out the injection pump from a OM603. This one is a mechanical pump which will let us run the OM606 without any issues. We had Dieselmeken go threw it and upgrade the elements to 7.5mm with 180 cc of flow.
catuned_offroad_land_cruiser_diesel_swap_010.jpg
catuned_offroad_land_cruiser_diesel_swap_0110.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom