Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thank you both. I figure if I'm ever going to do it now is the time as I'll have whole interior out.

I’ll say people spend way too much time laying Noico. It does not need to fit perfect. It can overlap. It can have gaps. On horizontal surfaces it will stick to dirt or whatever. Try to clean good but don’t sweat it like I see some do. It’s going to heat up later and stick better. Finally, the roller. I don’t use. I get a putty knife and scrape it and mainly just on vertical surfaces.

My kid is driving my 200 while his 100 is in the hospital. I’ve been driving the 60. These seats are glorious. Gamechanger in a 60. Can’t believe how much more I enjoy driving it now

4A998478-E15B-4274-8A3E-F7B3C8CEA590.jpeg

6142FE0E-C9C6-41EC-ADBF-428A8BE54E4B.jpeg

@wngrog have you ever had an in-line pump from the sniper kit fail? Mine took a dump and stranded me in the middle of nowhere Colorado today. Trying to figure out what caused it. My theory is this: I’m running 3/8 soft line from the tank to the in line pump and up to the sniper. I’m running the factory hard lines at 5/16 back to the tank for the return. I didn’t want to buy more rubber line and I don’t like the idea of strapping rubber to the frame of an off road vehicle, but I did it thinking I’d get buy until I could do a power surge set up. My guess is that the pump is having back pressure issues in the return line causing it to work harder than it needs to. Is this a solid theory?

I got a tow to the nearest Napa and I’m waiting for them to open in the morning so I can get new parts. Do you thing it would be prudent to replace the return line with 3/8 line like Holly suggests? What are your experiences? Any suggestions? I need to get up to Montana to start a new job before I can make the switch to a more reliable set up, but I CANNOT afford any more setbacks. This is already going to cost me at least two days if not more.

Yes, I’m driving across the country from Orlando to Bozeman for a job offer I cannot refuse and have wanted for more than a decade. Two hours from Denver and I had this failure. I installed everything in October last year and drove from Colorado to Florida with no problems.

I have run them with no issues as well. For
Thousands of hard miles.

I’d yours mounted as close to the tank as possible?

Were you low on gas?

When the pump failed did you happen to touch it to see if it was hot?

Last, make sure you cut open your pre filter and see if it was clogged.

When driving, watch the duty cycle on the Sniper screen. If it goes up I’m the 70s-80s your fuel system is obstructed more than likely.

As for 3/8 return. I used to use the 5/16 and generally had problems of sorts so now I run 3/8

Full tank of gas at the time. It was sputtering out. Not hot. AFR was jumping from 10:1 to 20:1 erratically and started bucking. Pulled over and it jumped to 35:1 and engine died.

Turned off power. Turned on power. Could hear the pump barely kicking on to prime. Pressure only came up to 25 psi in the line. Ground terminal inside the plastic housing was loose. Tightened back down and started up. Drove 500 yards and died again. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Finally couldn’t limp anymore and got a tow.

I suspect it’s something internal on the ground side. The terminal is bent like it took a hit or something… it’s located as far back as I can get it. I don’t think I have obstructions because the tank looked new inside when I installed a new sending unit.

The ground loose would kill it yes.

Also, get a spare O2 and install it while under there.

The spiking AFR usually means O2 sensor

The ground loose would kill it yes.

Also, get a spare O2 and install it while under there.

The spiking AFR usually means O2 sensor
Are there any sensors other than the Bosch that will work? I’m having trouble sourcing one nearby.

Are there any sensors other than the Bosch that will work? I’m having trouble sourcing one nearby.
Any brand as long as the plugs match.

Half way though this thread. Stoked to see some good sniper info. I have a kit on order rn from Moseley.

You mention having your suspension set up soft a few times. I wondered if you have a specific recipe? I have some dobinsons on order and they only had 7 leaf in stock. A Dobinson rep told me to pull the 3rd leaf in the front pack to make it a bit softer.

Half way though this thread. Stoked to see some good sniper info. I have a kit on order rn from Moseley.

You mention having your suspension set up soft a few times. I wondered if you have a specific recipe? I have some dobinsons on order and they only had 7 leaf in stock. A Dobinson rep told me to pull the 3rd leaf in the front pack to make it a bit softer.

I have a step by step Sniper writup in another thread called “Texas Reds” it’s bookmarked.

I don’t know the numbers on the springs but my rears came with no overload so I think they are medium.

The fronts are HJ60 so they are heavy. I ended up taking that 3rd leaf out.

I have airbags for the heavy load trips

I have a step by step Sniper writup in another thread called “Texas Reds” it’s bookmarked.

I don’t know the numbers on the springs but my rears came with no overload so I think they are medium.

The fronts are HJ60 so they are heavy. I ended up taking that 3rd leaf out.

I have airbags for the heavy load trips

Sounds good. I’ll start there w the 3rd spring.

Awesome I’ll give that thread a read.
Thanks

Man. I truly don’t think I’ve driven Blue since the car show 7 weeks ago. I’ve been so busy.

I took it to the car wash then lunch and then to run errands. 97 degrees and it was keeping up with the AC but barely.

Such a great 60

9632D65F-19D2-4744-B741-DC8DC64B4609.jpeg

C8D900DB-F175-4DEE-B25D-DAA3C7F7977B.jpeg

B6345326-14BB-4E29-83C6-CF8C9DD732BF.jpeg

34C11DDF-A755-4563-851E-7A7D06B27A4A.jpeg

BC818872-E209-40B3-BDF9-7547F1AF40E9.jpeg

Such a shame - when you have too many Land Cruisers to drive each one regularly... :lol:

Took Ole Blue on a nice loop this morning then ended up at a hole in the wall burger joint.

When I got back in the 60 I noticed the alternator was not charging.

I shut the AC off and stereo and made it 35 miles home with no real decrease in the voltage. I was worried the Sniper would suck the battery dry but it didn’t.

I ordered a reman from Rock Auto

59785618-D8F0-421E-9D13-F10DBED39013.jpeg

4956209C-6C70-4D7B-9ABC-D84DE52577F0.jpeg

30233979-AA8B-4E41-99AA-F0D8BF827F7C.jpeg

74AFA625-87A7-4B1E-B146-7743CB4A34DD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom