Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone! Been meaning to post for a while - down in Charlotte here and picked up a 1998 100 series out of Charleston in October.

I’ve been busy since then:

October 2017
Replaced Hood Struts
Replaced Back Gate Struts
Replaced windshield wipers
New Deep Cycle Dual Battery
Weathertech Floor Liners
LED Lighting replacement for most interior and exterior bulbs

November 2017
Oil Change 300k miles / Tire Rotation
Replaced rear parking brake shoes / E-Brake tightened
Brake Fluid Exchange
replaced heater T’s and all front hoses / new coolant
inner and outer tie-rods both sides

December 2017
Oil Change 305k / Tire Rotation / all tires balanced
Replaced front Axels

January 2018
new ARB front locking diff / bearings etc and associated compressor via East Coast Gear Supply
slee 2nd battery mount

February 2018
fluid change: transfer case, rear diff
front brake pads, front wheel bearings, bearing races, rotors, and pads with new pad shims

March 2018
2.5 heavy OME from Slee
slee torsion bars
slee upper control arms
slee diff drop
ECHS replaced gear in front diff as it was making noise, bearings and gear in rear diff replaced
Alignment
Oil Change

April 2018
slee step siders
Oil Change / Tire Rotation

Next Steps?:
An enormous roof rack that’s good for extra stuff but also walkable for my kids enjoyment - prefer factory mount points

A really tough front bumper with good approach angles that I’m not afraid to scratch up / easy to touch up with spray paint

After front bumper, see how large a tire I can fit under her without rubbing to bad

Maybe a front seat material replacement at some point - although its really not that bad right now. Maybe some leather conditioner in the meantime.

Windows wont go up and down from drivers side control - need to troubleshoot that more

Maybe a purchase of or trade for a really nice 80? - I may have the bug after driving @fj40z white 80 at the Relic Run haha

View attachment 1692816

View attachment 1692817

View attachment 1692819

33” KM3s, 16” SCS wheels added.

9EAA1BB7-3CEF-4164-A293-22316EB90496.jpeg

A979F56C-3540-4CAC-B028-C72AA7C33434.jpeg

5A6EF03F-1D06-4E19-80A8-0D6F1EAF3B8F.jpeg

Figured I'd post up here since I joined in December. I've had a few Toyota family rides (85 22R, 99 4RNR, 08 GX 470) but my most recent addition is a 97 LX that came with some goodies and since purchasing in November I've added some more goodies. Thanks and I can't wait to wheel and meet up with this crew.

0201191745_HDR.jpg

0204191727b.jpg

The first time I posted in this thread, @fourtrax's (my dad) 80 was what I was driving and what I gave an intro to as soon as I got my license.

Fast forward from 3/5/2015 I can officially say I have my own sombrero.
2000 4Runner SR5.
Dad tried as hard as he could to get me to look into so many different cars and styles, but I just kept coming back to the 4runners. I picked up "Chip" today and already ordered too much money worth of parts to start on the maintenance repairs.
I haven't quite figured out what look I want him to have yet, or how "off-road" I want him to go... but I am excited.
Chip comes from my very strong Beauty and The Beast obsession, I picked the name months before I picked the truck.
(I'm still in denial that I bought my first truck today)

chip first.jpg

chip second.jpg

It's called baselining 😎

I know someone the has a rear locker for a 4runner. I will check if he still has it, if you are interested

^^ Make sure you check the ratios on the locked vs unlocked - I can look up stuff when I have more time, but I think the locked axles are 4.3 and the unlocked might be 4.1 - - just be aware you may need to swap out the front gears. My 2002 had 1999 front and rear axles and I remember the previous owner saying he did both to keep gearing the same - I could be "dreaming this sheet up" - so take all advice with a grain of salt this AM - long few nights drinking LOL.

The first time I posted in this thread, @fourtrax's (my dad) 80 was what I was driving and what I gave an intro to as soon as I got my license.

Fast forward from 3/5/2015 I can officially say I have my own sombrero.
2000 4Runner SR5.
Dad tried as hard as he could to get me to look into so many different cars and styles, but I just kept coming back to the 4runners. I picked up "Chip" today and already ordered too much money worth of parts to start on the maintenance repairs.
I haven't quite figured out what look I want him to have yet, or how "off-road" I want him to go... but I am excited.
Chip comes from my very strong Beauty and The Beast obsession, I picked the name months before I picked the truck.
(I'm still in denial that I bought my first truck today)

View attachment 1912288

View attachment 1912289

Congrats and "Love it," Hannah! We have a dedicated group of 3rd Gen / 1st Gen Taco people out there - we may be quiet, but we all love these vehicles :)

Just picked up my first Land Cruiser, an 88 FJ62 with 220k on the clock. It needs some paint and bodywork, so if you guys know of some reputable body shops around the Raleigh area, let me know. I'm getting the mechanical parts checked over at Fred Anderson, but it's in great mechanical shape.

I'm looking forward to plugging in to the local NC Cruiser scene!

(just realized this was an official members thread, whoops) The sign up link seems dead, how can I sign up?

Last edited:
(just realized this was an official members thread, whoops) The sign up link seems dead, how can I sign up?

View attachment 1913053
[/QUOTE]website is up

Last edited:
Well, I decided to make it official since I have been posting on threads in here and paid my membership dues about 5 minutes ago. I am pretty stoked about it. My name is Wade and I live in Jacksonville. I have had a lot of vehicles and no stranger to turning wrenches, but this is my first Land Cruiser. It is a 1989 FJ62. I have a lot of work to do on it, but I smile every time I drive it. I look forward to meeting other members and I will probably reach out for help quite a bit as I am juggling working on this, preparing a house to sell and transitioning to a life and career after I retire from the Military this winter (I plan on taking this rig quite a few adventures after I close this chapter). There doesn't always seem to be enough time to get wrenches turned. Enough about me, here is a picture of what we all actually care about.

FJ62.JPG

I've been lurking on the IH8Mud forum for a while; learning as much as I could to purchase my first cruiser. Well, it happened last night. 1996 3x lock with 215k; it needs some TLC (P0402, oil weep, etc.) but seems to have good bones to start a build. Planning on a 1.5 to 2.5" lift to start and we'll see where it goes from there. Sorry for the crappy pic, it was what I snagged off the CL ad. I need to get it cleaned up and get a picture in its true habitat... the woods!! Just joined ONSC this morning, looking forward to meeting some fellow cruisers

Picture1.png

I've been lurking on the IH8Mud forum for a while; learning as much as I could to purchase my first cruiser. Well, it happened last night. 1996 3x lock with 215k; it needs some TLC (P0402, oil weep, etc.) but seems to have good bones to start a build. Planning on a 1.5 to 2.5" lift to start and we'll see where it goes from there. Sorry for the crappy pic, it was what I snagged off the CL ad. I need to get it cleaned up and get a picture in its true habitat... the woods!! Just joined ONSC this morning, looking forward to meeting some fellow cruisers

View attachment 1954488
Great looking 80. I will keep an eye out for you in Raleighwood.

Awesome truck!!!

Triangle Monthly Meeting is the first wednesday of every month, so next one is May 1st. Will put up the thread next week.

Sorry for the crappy pic, it was what I snagged off the CL ad. I need to get it cleaned up and get a picture in its true habitat... the woods!!
Wow, that was quick... Maybe this is really the true habitat :rofl:

gas.jpg

I need to tell my wife you said that so I can buy a lighter one!! I'm pretty sure they're stock springs so probably just tired... I'm investigating the oil leaks and EGR code now and have shocks/springs & tires planned early summer.

Picked up this 01 LX last August and have been slowly building it up.

IMG_6508.jpg

Baselined, step delete, cranked TBs and King springs, 33 KO2s so far. Oh, and fixed windshield with underlying rust thanks to Carolina Offroad.

IMG_6737.jpg

Hopefully getting these painted and installed this weekend.

IMG_7387.jpg

Trying to figure out what's next, Kavik bumper or rhino rack. Should be about done after that (so I tell myself).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom