OEM Extended Brake Lines w/ part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure if this is an appropriate thread, but what are folks doing for the rear extended brake line to secure it? I almost put on the extended line but it seemed as if it would be quite close to the exhaust. I'm running fairly low lift but the fox shox will droop a ways so wanted to replace the line but backed off until I could figure something out.

Do they make special springs or something that attach to the line on one side and the frame on the other to keep from rubbing? :cheers:

I know this is an old thread, but it works great for someone searching OEM brake hoses.
These part numbers and sizes were found 5 years ago.

Does anyone know if there are any newer OEM part numbers that match up to our 80s with alternative lengths? .. mainly a longer "Passenger Front" ?

Part 90947-A2016 for the Right (Passenger) Front
- I gained 2 1/8'' from stock.

Part 96940-34605 for the Left (Driver) Front
- I gained 4 3/8" from stock

Part 96940-34705 for the rear
- I gained 5" from stock.

Last edited:
For those that are running shocks that may provide a few inches over stock but don't need a 5" longer line in the rear, the stock 80 series DS front frame-to-axle line gives a 2.25" increase over the stock rear line. Happens to be perfect for my shocks as the +5" 96940-34705 line would have been very close to the exhaust but my shocks are just a bit shy of the OME L shock length, so I wanted to have a bit more slack in that rear brake line.

I just installed the OEM lines on my 93 fzj80. I was too cheap to buy brackets for the passenger front so I enlarged the hole with a triangular rat tail file and dremel tool and the line locks in perfectly.

Here's ALL seven of the OEM hoses I just ordered for my 97 (earlier models may be different)
This includes the axle to caliper hoses.

Description and notes PN Quantity needed
Right (Passenger) Front Part Number: 90947-A2016 1
I gained 2 1/8'' from stock.

Left (Driver) Front Part Number: 96940-34605 1
I gained 4 3/8" from stock

Front Outers (at caliper) Part Number: 90947-02A16 2

Right Rear at caliper Part Number: 90947-02614 1

Left Rear at caliper Part Number: 90947-02615 1

For Rear center Part Number: 90947-02A18 1
This is actually the factory length for the front left frame to axle hose.
It's longer than the stock hose in the rear center. Stock is 13.38 long, this is 15.86 long (this 90947-02A18 is 2.5 inches longer)
The other hose (96940-34705) recommended on this thread is 5 inches longer and may get close to some exhaust systems that don't need a hose that long, according to what I've read.

I hope this helps someone. Again, I would check to see if the last hose (rear center) length is correct for your lift.

Did anybody ever find out if the front brake line mounts from the later model 80 can be installed without issue on the earlier one? Does anybody have the part number for the later model mounts if so? I plan on doing this upgrade but want to get it all at once.

I know this is an old thread, but I’ll chime in. I have a 93 and the PS front didn’t fit the bracket as is indicated earlier in the thread. Old one on the left.
upload_2019-2-3_13-7-42.jpeg

I took a file to the fitting to make it fit the opening, which is 17mm. My skills with a file are apparently low, but I can fit it with the factory retaining clips. It does rotate when I tighten the hardline, but I’m over coming that with pliers. It’s imperfect but these Toyota lines seem to work for decades.

FYI i take the part number to rock auto, for example i think this one was 7 bucks
Package Contents1 Brake Hose
End 1 Thread Diameter10 mm
Total Length 1 (In)18.5 in.
ColorBlack
Hose MaterialEPDM Rubber
End 2 Fitting TypeFemale
End 2 Fitting Inside DiameterM10 x 1.0
End 1 Fitting TypeMale
Bracket IncludedNo
Gasket or Seal IncludedNo
Jacket IncludedNo
Mounting Hardware IncludedNo
Jacket MaterialRubber
Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 9694034705, 9694034706

Reviving this thread as mine are due for replacement pretty quickly.

Pricing out the factory lines, pricing runs about $295 for the necessary rubber lines.

Rock Auto prices out anywhere between $90-117 (before shipping, taxes, etc.) for the mid/high grade lines.

These are pretty significant savings.

What are the pros/cons of going OEM vs the aftermarket options? I'm guessing fitment is one of those... but how about pedal feel, longevity, and construction?

Thanks.

For reference, have the extended brake hoses here:

Joey, I stumbled across this on your website last night and it does make it convenient to buy your kit. Your kit has two of the longer rear brake lines listed. The picture even shows two longer brake lines - and at least one of those two has the part number you listed for the rear brake line. Shouldn't it only be one rear brake line? (Flying by memory here...)

Also, any idea of when your SS brake lines will be in stock?

Thanks

Reviving this thread as mine are due for replacement pretty quickly.

Pricing out the factory lines, pricing runs about $295 for the necessary rubber lines.

Rock Auto prices out anywhere between $90-117 (before shipping, taxes, etc.) for the mid/high grade lines.

These are pretty significant savings.

What are the pros/cons of going OEM vs the aftermarket options? I'm guessing fitment is one of those... but how about pedal feel, longevity, and construction?

Thanks.
1. OEM is engineered for your truck and made in Japan. Its hard to argue with the quality of Toyota parts.
2. China has done plenty enough to change my life in the past four months. The HF jack stand recall sealed the deal for me and I can't see any reason why I should send my money over there so I will pay a premium to avoid all things from China. This wont be easy for a lot of items in my daily live but when it come to cruiser parts I have this option. No Chinesium allowed on my truck.

Will these part numbers work for the 91-92?
90947-02612 axle to caliper left
90947-02613 axle to caliper right
The 2 soft lines from frame to axle have already been mentioned in this thread.

No. FJ80 has a different hydraulic system.
Hi Onur,

My 91 JDM uses 96940-34006 frame to front axle and 96940-33406 for frame to rear axle. Will these hoses be suitable for the lowest OME spring kit? (1.5") Is there any good reason to seek out longer front caliper hoses? Wondering why some are changing the caliper hoses during a lift.

I think I'm missing something. Why do the caliper hoses need to be made longer? To me, the frame to axle hose should be the only hoses that need to be made longer.
Those 2 part numbers are the OEM 1991/1992 FJ80 axle to caliper lines.
The extended soft lines for the frame to axles were previously mentioned in the thread.
Since this thread had become muddied over the years and no one mentioned the specific FJ80 part numbers, I gave them to you. If you're replacing soft lines, might as well replace them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom