OEM Extended Brake Lines w/ part numbers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OEM is engineered for your truck and made in Japan. Its hard to argue with the quality of Toyota parts.
2. China has done plenty enough to change my life in the past four months. The HF jack stand recall sealed the deal for me and I can't see any reason why I should send my money over there so I will pay a premium to avoid all things from China. This wont be easy for a lot of items in my daily live but when it come to cruiser parts I have this option. No Chinesium allowed on my truck.

Can’t argue with that thought process. I’ve been an OEM guy for as long as I can since for the majority of it, the prices have been nominally higher than decent aftermarket. There are certain pieces that are just considerably more expensive - brake booster, brake lines, suspension bushings - to name a few. For at least the brake booster, you can buy the OE supplier and call it good.

Curious to hear other’s input as well but I’ll probably call local this AM and see what they can put together with factory fittings (similar to what @NLXTACY did for his stainless offering).

Have some additional info to share after talking with my local parts counter.

All of the part numbers listed below are still available - but parts are numbered at current inventory.

Left (Driver) Front (4 3/8") 96940-34605
Right (Passenger) Front (2 1/8")90947-A2016
Front Outers (Caliper)90947-02A16
Right Rear (Caliper)90947-02614
Left Rear (Caliper)90947-02615
Rear Center (2.5" longer)90947-02A18
Rear Center (5" longer)96940-34705

Part numbers 96940-34605 and 90947-A2016 are interchangeable so you don't have to order one of each part number.
Part numbers 90947-02A16, 90947-02614, 90947-02615 are all factory FZJ80 part numbers.
The ones for the rear axle are designated different part numbers (ending in 14 and 15, respectively).

The fittings/banjo bolts, washers, etc. are all available in multitudes.

I hope this helps somebody in their search.

Look to spend anywhere from $330 (with discount) to $525 (no discount) for factory brake lines at your dealer. That is assuming tax rate at 9%.

Jack

Have some additional info to share after talking with my local parts counter.

All of the part numbers listed below are still available - but parts are numbered at current inventory.

Left (Driver) Front (4 3/8")96940-34605
Right (Passenger) Front (2 1/8")90947-A2016
Front Outers (Caliper)90947-02A16
Right Rear (Caliper)90947-02614
Left Rear (Caliper)90947-02615
Rear Center (2.5" longer)90947-02A18
Rear Center (5" longer)96940-34705

Part numbers 96940-34605 and 90947-A2016 are interchangeable so you don't have to order one of each part number.
Part numbers 90947-02A16, 90947-02614, 90947-02615 are all factory FZJ80 part numbers.
The ones for the rear axle are designated different part numbers (ending in 14 and 15, respectively).

The fittings/banjo bolts, washers, etc. are all available in multitudes.

I hope this helps somebody in their search.

Look to spend anywhere from $330 (with discount) to $525 (no discount) for factory brake lines at your dealer. That is assuming tax rate at 9%.

Jack
Right you are. I got all of mine from Dave Stedman at @Japan4X4 . Really awesome pricing compared to US and CAN. Shipping for this type of stuff is super cheap and pretty quick.

I replaced mine with Toyota lines simply because I was impressed with how long they lasted and I could be assured of their quality.

I also find that when I find a part that was replaced by the Previous owners That are not Toyota OEM I feel disappointed, since I don’t really know if it’s a quality part or not. That helped me realize that part of the value in using these expensive but arguably higher quality parts for me is the assurance that I likely won’t have to get a new one a few months down the road. YMMV

I replaced mine with Toyota lines simply because I was impressed with how long they lasted and I could be assured of their quality.

I also find that when I find a part that was replaced by the Previous owners That are not Toyota OEM I feel disappointed, since I don’t really know if it’s a quality part or not. That helped me realize that part of the value in using these expensive but arguably higher quality parts for me is the assurance that I likely won’t have to get a new one a few months down the road. YMMV
I feel your pain brother

Can’t argue with that thought process. I’ve been an OEM guy for as long as I can since for the majority of it, the prices have been nominally higher than decent aftermarket. There are certain pieces that are just considerably more expensive - brake booster, brake lines, suspension bushings - to name a few. For at least the brake booster, you can buy the OE supplier and call it good.

Curious to hear other’s input as well but I’ll probably call local this AM and see what they can put together with factory fittings (similar to what @NLXTACY did for his stainless offering).
Agreed. Denso, Aisin, Koyo, etc. all absolutely trustworthy. I don't think any of the Toyota suppliers manufacture anything in China.

For the record, I settled on the Slee Stainless lines from Cruiser Outfitters. They bridge the gap in cost between the RockAuto offerings and the OEM Toyota and have all the necessary hardware. We'll see if they're as promised!

Jack

Agreed. Denso, Aisin, Koyo, etc. all absolutely trustworthy. I don't think any of the Toyota suppliers manufacture anything in China.

unfortunately that’s not the case. I’ve been seeing more and more Toyota OEM parts with a made in China print on the label. Right it seems Toyota has China doing a lot of their oil bath seals.

unfortunately that’s not the case. I’ve been seeing more and more Toyota OEM parts with a made in China print on the label. Right it seems Toyota has China doing a lot of their oil bath seals.
Thanks for letting us know. Always pays to check the country of origin I guess.

So my wife bought me the extended brake lines kit from someone else (probably ordered the part numbers), supposedly they came from witsend but the parts that Joe has in his site are completely off. The part numbers I have are these: (witsend)

• (1) 90947-A2015 for the Right (Passenger) Front- 2 1/4'' longer than stock
• (2) 96940-34705 for the rear- 5" longer than stock

Any idea if these in fact work? I know the placing is off as I can only see one hose in the back (lol). Thanks in advance

RF: 90947-A2016
LF: 96940-34605
Rear: 96940-34705

I've posted this before and I'll post it here again. The 93-94 trucks have a different RF bracket on the axle and the extended OEM hose used for the drop will not index into that bracket. I've had to source a bracket from a 95+ truck to use that line. All other lines are fine.

I've posted this before and I'll post it here again. The 93-94 trucks have a different RF bracket on the axle and the extended OEM hose used for the drop will not index into that bracket. I've had to source a bracket from a 95+ truck to use that line. All other lines are fine.
I found this out the hard way and modified my hose on my 93 to index the bracket. That was a bummer.

If you find some time, can you provide the bracket part number? I’m not sure which one it is looking at the illustrated parts breakdown on partsouq.

If you find some time, can you provide the bracket part number? I’m not sure which one it is looking at the illustrated parts breakdown on partsouq.
I just did mine, hopefully it’s the same part# you need.

9B54B327-6E56-4DD0-B362-331AE6E46DC0.jpeg

RF: 90947-A2016
LF: 96940-34605
Rear: 96940-34705

does anyone know if there is another option for the right side front extended brake line? (90947-A2016) This one isn't available in Aus, I guess because we didn't get the tundra or the sequoia.

all I'm finding is a heap of resellers that use the exact same picture for every different option, with slightly differing information on what I'm actually getting. seems a lot easier to keep it Toyota.

does anyone know if there is another option for the right side front extended brake line? (90947-A2016) This one isn't available in Aus

Seems fair to me. After all we can't get a VDJ79. You should have thought of that sooner. :lol:

Kidding aside, I don't have a genuine solution for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom