newb contest (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

troll you dont even know what it is,!!!

your just waiting for the answer so you can say "yeah i knew that"

haha

Trans. Output Bearing?

It looks like the transmission output bearing is too big - 4-speed bearing in a 3-speed transfer case?
Alfred

this is bugging me... I keep looking at the oil filler hole... looks like there are no threads.

OK. Longshot... Visual accuity... What happened to this case.

Looks way too shiny and clean to have come out of a cruiser without a pressure wash. My 78 dosen't look nearly that good. Is that what Happened?

The only thing , I can't see any threads on the shaft , speedo or the plug, but I don't have good vision. Also I see some splines are broke on the shaft.

I think you should bump it up to 40 posts or less...just to make it fair...for those of us...that might have more than 30...but...still want a t-shirt? Oh, who am I kidding, I'm probably wrong anyway.

Did someone snap off the bolt close to where the power take off connects, and drill the threads out?

Mark, from the quality of the pic,It looks to me that all 6 holes are stripped or missing threads where the rear cover bolts on.My guess is probably from the old school propeller style rear T-case mount and the bolts being loose working them back and forth trashing the threads.

Woud'nt you know it. That was my 31 post!
Now my 32nd!

35inch -

Don't make that next post anywhere else - he might change the rules and the T-shirt could be yours!

Rocky

I think you should bump it up to 40 posts or less...just to make it fair...for those of us...that might have more than 30...but...still want a t-shirt? Oh, who am I kidding, I'm probably wrong anyway.

I can do that. 40 posts it is!:D

It looks like the transmission output bearing is too big - 4-speed bearing in a 3-speed transfer case?
Alfred

Not exactly, but..........;)

I would suspect that the linkage was corroded and stuck in such a position as to cause the fork to constantly put pressure on the shift collar, combined with a lower than recommended oil level, creating the wear.

If this is the solution - send the shirt to Poser...

03-29-07 01:41 AM65swb45Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCFJ40
Alfred

Not exactly, but..........;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like its sticking out to far,, to much "thrust" :confused: V8:confused:

I don't know , never been in a TC before..
but I like this, a learning adventure..

The race around the bearing is distorted.

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom