newb contest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Use your visual accuity to figure out from this pic what happened to this transfer case that was shipped to me yesterday and win a prize! Thread searches might help too.

Rules: any one can lurk, but only newbs with less than 30 posts are eligible to win. Regulars are cordially asked not to spoil the fun by answering.

Prize-a much sought after Mark's Off Road t-shirt!;p
090-tc mystery.JPG

Did a windshield wiper motor fall out of it?

Kidding about the previous post.

PTO output shaft missing, and cover, too.

Paul

Not the problem. the "pto" shaft is the output to the tranny.

I'm confused.

Where you see the exposed bearing, isn't that where another shaft sticks out and usually has a cover over it and can be used as a rear PTO? And the shaft at the bottom goes to the rear drive shaft and also has the parking brake drum on it?

"the "pto" shaft is the output to the tranny."- Mace

Do you mean 'from' the tranny?

I'm really confused

Paul

I think you're going to have to feed 'em a clue...

30th post here.... It looks to me that the output shaft splines were torqued/twisted? Maybe the nut that holds the drum on the back loosened up. Or are my eyes fooling me?

think i see the problem but not allowed to play

I'm confused.

Where you see the exposed bearing, isn't that where another shaft sticks out and usually has a cover over it and can be used as a rear PTO? And the shaft at the bottom goes to the rear drive shaft and also has the parking brake drum on it?

"the "pto" shaft is the output to the tranny."- Mace

Do you mean 'from' the tranny?

I'm really confused

Paul

Yes there typically is a shaft in that bearing. Stock PTO's were driven from the inside fo the tcase and aftermarket (like Ramsey) were driven off the end of that shaft.

And yes, you are correct, it is the output shaft from the tranny.

I actually see a couple of things that peak my interest..

Spline missing (broke off) on shaft.

oo its missing the gonk'ulater valve....

I'm surprised that this hasn't taken a bunch of hits? Mark, I bought the rear Con Ferr bench seat from yourself awhile back. Any chance you've got any 80 series diffs with lockers for sale? thanks

He is only allowing those with 30 posts or less to post up.

anyone with a fj40 and a wrench should've been able to get it. Cool, I like the idea. Get the newbies (I consider myself one) thinkin, searchin and readin:beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited:
Looks like someone drilled out to split the case??
Very bottom of pick...Hardware missing and largish hole instead.

something missing here.. idler ???
090-tc%20mystery.JPG

Are there gears missing inside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom