Builds New 80 In Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you putting the sound deadener on the floors? How does the dyna mat effect the thickness of the carpet?

Are you putting the sound deadener on the floors? How does the dyna mat effect the thickness of the carpet?

Yes, if you look at Post #93 and #96 you'll see the pic's of the floor and Post #27 you'll see pic's of the roof that has Dynamat and Dynaliner.

Lou

Are you putting the sound deadener on the floors? How does the dyna mat effect the thickness of the carpet?[/QUOT

Sorry, I misunderstood your question...regarding sound deadener...you were referring to putting the Second Skin sound
deadener over the Dynamat on the floor...
After I finish the doors I'll use the remainder on the floor. I should have enough to do the front floor area and maybe the second row.
I really don't want to spend anymore money on sound proofing as i tend to go overboard.....I'd have to shoot two gallons maybe three to do it right so I'll use this up and call it a day...I still have 4 boxes of 1/8 inch Dynaliner and a box of Dynapad that i plan on using before I put the carpet back in....... The Dynamat will not effect the thickness of the carpet but the Dynapad might.

I finished the drivers side front and rear doors with FatMat and Second Skin sound deadener

Lou
front.jpg
P1010810.jpg
P1010812.jpg

Last edited:
I'm about to install the sound system and needed to access the small speakers in the rear ceiling that are being replaced with 3.5 inch speakers, so I had to remove the headliner which is dirty and marked up.....so it got me thinking.....Off to the local fabric shop for some Marine Vinyl....
Removal of the fuzzy stuff from the A,B and C trim pieces was a pain in the ass.... the mad chemist at Toyota mixed up some tuff glue and the fabric is burn proof...used a heat gun and was still left with glue and fuzzy stuff so it required a wire wheel to get the rest off, which work well.

The headliner was a breeze , everything came off clean, right down to the fiberglass.
I picked up a off white Marine Vinyl ....stay tuned..

Lou
P1010850.jpg
P1010839.jpg
P1010842.jpg

Last edited:
New Headliner

Today I was able to glue down the Marine vinyl to the headliner and the piller covers...the new headliner looks great ...can't wait to install it.
I also fabbed two speaker ...I'll call them brackets... to install 3.5 inch speakers in the rear ceiling location...
MDF covered in the headliner vinyl....moves the speaker out away from the body....

Lou
P1010860.jpg
P1010861.jpg
P1010865.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a close up of the new speaker mount?
I would like to see how you handled that back there

Forget it

That looks great!

I decided to mount the 3.5 inch speakers to the factory bracket....I used a 1/4 inch urethane bolt and two washer... I didn't think the headliner could support the weight of the speakers so I'm thinking
they'll slip through the back of the new brackets I made.
I did encounter a small issue....i need to remove the sunroof to get to the sunshade that needs to be recovered with vinyl...a pita for such a small job.
P1010884.jpg
P1010888.jpg

The Best Adhesive on the Planet

A local Porsche restoration shop uses this for everything that needs to be glued on...Carpet molding , headliner etc....
I ran out of the Parabond M250 halfway through the headliner install decided to use Weldman's contact cement.... the headliner would not stick at all so I ended up having to appy three coats of 3m #80 headliner spray and got it to stick.
I highly recommend Parabond M250 to anyone who plans on replacing their headliner or any other project the requires a great bond. I've included a picture of the product and a picture of the speaker bracket i made....the vinyl was stretched around the corner and cut close to the edge and holds great.

Lou

m250.jpg

P1010871.jpg

Ok...this turned out to be a little more than I thought it would be.... recovering the headliner was easy....it was the fact I had to remove the sunroof take off a few pieces just to access the sun shade which I needed to be covered with the vinyl....We got the sunroof back in and it was out of sync....and would not open...Mud to the rescue...there's a great thread on sun roof repair that describe's in detail how to set the motor gears...I now have a working sun roof and about 95% done with the headliner install....it really changes the look and feel of the inside of the truck...Now i need to source some sun visors....mine are shot and will not stay up and are to filthy to clean...

Lou
P1010897.jpg
P1010898.jpg
P1010900.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom