Need Steel Rim Replacment help - 16x7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to add my wheels to the list here to show figment when flexed out a bit. 16x7 vintiques with 255/85's. Stock bump stops on my bj46.

Rear:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Still a ways to go on the bump stop but this is as far as I can get it without adding weight to the rear (1/2 ton springs)
image.jpeg

So the rears could use about another 1/2" to keep from rubbing but I'm not sure if that would push them far enough out to hit the outer fender. In. My case a 3/4" or so addition to the bump stop is necessary.

The fronts just squeak by at full bump. The bolt in the pic is one of the lower bib bolts:

image.jpeg

So far I have not actually heard any rubbing and I've pushed it over some rough stuff. This isn't so rough but....

Haha. Thanks guys. Not really many places to run locally around here so I try to get out in early spring before all the snow has cleared and the roads have been repaired.

I have to keep 2 skid plates- always having a spare readily straightened to switch out after a run like this.

How do yo guys like the body color on the rims?

Anyways I'll report back to this thread with any further developments in terms of fit.

Pete

I like the wheel color. If the body were blue or red, etc. not so much. You picked a good color to work with.

Sweet!!!!! I could not find them on the summit site either when i looked.

Happy times!

No! And to fit them you'll have to modify the cap to get it to sit flush- grind off the entire lip. Then you'll have to find a way to hold it onto the wheel..

Here you can see the diameter of the cap lip interference with the bump surface of the wheel.

image.jpeg

Thread resurrection!! I have been eyeing these wheels for a 91 hzj75 troopy. They seem to be the only option with this look in a 16x7 that may not need spacers.....fingers crossed. I believe my troopy has the same backspace requirements as you guys' 40 and 60 series (3.5" but for some reason these fit okay with 4" BS? o_O).

Wanted to check and see if anyone has mounted these to a similar 70 series to mine? If not, I will take the plunge soon and worst case scenario only need a 1/2" spacer which is better than the 1.25" spacer required for the other toyota steel wheels from tacoma/tundra/4runner etc...

edit: just to be clear I am talking about the vintiques from summit racing 16x7 6x5.5 bolt pattern with 4" BS that seem to have become the topic of this thread. I will be mounting them to 255/85's

P.S. @Sooke your 61 is soooo rad.

Thanks PNWScooby!! Good luck with your wheels. I love mine. I have 255/85's mounted on mine and have had no issues whatsoever. I am not using any spacers, giving it a slightly narrower stance, and have plenty of TRE clearance.

Anyone have any issues with brake cooling with these solid wheels?

No issues so far running stock braking components

i think im going to order a wheel vintigue in a 15x7 and see if it will fit my 40. i would go a 16" but im running new tires and for the 63 bucks its a great price. anybody try these in a 15" yet. thanks scott

Thread resurrection!! I have been eyeing these wheels for a 91 hzj75 troopy. They seem to be the only option with this look in a 16x7 that may not need spacers.....fingers crossed. I believe my troopy has the same backspace requirements as you guys' 40 and 60 series (3.5" but for some reason these fit okay with 4" BS? o_O).

Wanted to check and see if anyone has mounted these to a similar 70 series to mine? If not, I will take the plunge soon and worst case scenario only need a 1/2" spacer which is better than the 1.25" spacer required for the other toyota steel wheels from tacoma/tundra/4runner etc...

edit: just to be clear I am talking about the vintiques from summit racing 16x7 6x5.5 bolt pattern with 4" BS that seem to have become the topic of this thread. I will be mounting them to 255/85's

P.S. @Sooke your 61 is soooo rad.

Please keep us posted on the 7x fitment, I'v been looking for my 74, but havent seen these on a 7x yet.

Please keep us posted on the 7x fitment, I'v been looking for my 74, but havent seen these on a 7x yet.
Here they are mounted to 255/85 ST maxx's (sitting next to my VW for a laugh). They will go on the troopy as soon as i get it off the boat late next month and I will report back on the fit right away.
IMG_3521.JPG
IMG_3528.JPG

To PNWScooby. Is the 255/85 ST Maxx's OD, mounted on your rims, is 32.8 as show on the Cooper tire spec sheet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom