My UZJ40 Build - 2UZ iForce V8 and a750f 5spd auto (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished reading the whole build. Very inspiring.

From some of the later pictures it looks like you changed the air intake and maybe the placement of the horns. If so, what is the reasoning for this?

Thank you.

I moved a few things around in the engine bay after a few thousand miles. I always wanted the air intake back further in the engine bay with a shroud around it, so that was on my list of projects to do. I also moved the AC condenser under the tub so I could move the radiator forward to allow room for a mechanical fan. That changed the engine bay quite a bit as well.

Congrats on the build and being published.

Thank you!

Wow, helluva build!

Do all your projects "go to 11" like this?

This looks like you have a few other swaps under your belt - or if this was your 1st, you clearly researched each step.

That's a honey of a 40!!!

Thanks! This is my 3rd motor swap. First two were on older BMW's. They were just swaps though, nothing crazy like this.

I enjoy going all out on projects, but I haven't always been able to. At this point in my life, I have the tools, the space, and the means, so I can tackle things a bit different now.

What happened with that 3ur install you were trying to do on the 45 like a year or so ago?

Still working on it. It isn't my vehicle, so I'm working with their budget and timeline. He just raced the Baja 1000, so the 45 is not at the top of the list. I'm waiting for him to finish the rear suspension and bed cage so I can wire everything in the vehicle at the same time.

Spent the weekend with my wife and dog in Death Valley. It had some amazing scenery and perfect weather. It was nice not having to use the awnings, and the warmth of the campfire was perfect. The bright moon allowed for some great night photography

DSC02226.jpg

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02105.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

Last edited:
Wooooow....I am speechless. I'm also jealous of your camping trip, that gorgeous rig, and your photography skills:eek: The first pic is my favorite as well!

Looks like the weather was good out there? Been wanting to get to Death Valley for a while! Excellent pics Riley, thanks for sharing. Any experience with Joshua Tree area? Tom

Trying some new ARB lights up front. I feel like the Rigids were a bit small, and I definitely wanted more light! These things definitely stand out a lot more, but I've always liked the look a lot more than a light bar.

What do you guys think? Rigids? ARB's? Or neither?

Before-

DSC00773.jpg

After

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02243.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the JW Speaker front headlights. From what I have heard they are probably more than adequate for on or off road?

great pics! i think the thing i love most of your truck is that you actually take it to great places and use it! well done and keep the pictures coming!

Thanks! I try to use it while I can! We are lucky we live so close to the desert! The pictures above are taken about 2 miles from my house. Hundreds of miles of trails to explore, and many different places to see within about 2 hours of Vegas.

I really like the JW Speaker front headlights. From what I have heard they are probably more than adequate for on or off road?

They really are awesome headlights. Plenty bright for any vehicle. The dim setting is more impressive than the bright, for sure. The bright is really not needed unless you're on the highway above about 50mph and you start to outrun the cutoff line.

Thanks guys!

Thanks! Indeed, JW Speaker 8700 Evolution. AWESOME lights... check out the youtube video where they compare them to the Trucklites.

I've driven with them for about 20 minutes at night so far... crisp cut off line, no hot spots, and extremely bright.

They are very unique looking though, not sure how they'd look on an original 40. Most of the reason I chose a black bezel on mine is so the black housing JW Speakers would blend in a bit more.

About to order lights for my 78 FJ.... now that several years have passed. If you were to install lights, what ones would you go with today?

Just returned from Cruise Moab. What an awesome experience! I will definitely be back in the following years!

My wife and I drove up on Tuesday and camped in Salina UT that evening. It snowed and rained all day and night, so no good pictures. This is pretty much what it looked like going over the 7,000' passes in Utah-

20180502_064530.jpg

Wednesday, my wife and I drove up toward Chicken Corner past Kane Creek Campground. It was a beautiful area!

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

DSC02831.jpg

We set up our camp for the next three nights. It was a nice area right next to the Colorado River.

DSC02857.jpg

Next day, @allan man and I hit Fins n Things. We had a great time! Beautiful scenery and an amazingly fun trail!

DSC02860.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC03015.jpg

That afternoon my wife hit the river in her inflatable paddleboard! What an awesome area!

DSC03024.jpg

The next day, we hit parts of Hell's Revenge. Also an extremely fun and more technical trail.

On our way home, we stopped in Toqueville UT to camp by the waterfall. We had a great, quiet campsite and it was a great way to end an awesome week! This was our first and definitely not our last Cruise Moab!

DSC03087.jpg

DSC03107.jpg

Last edited:
I tried finding you guys. The first time you guys were taking a nap on Wednesday afternoon. We checked out your ride quietly. We were the ones who passed you on 70 with the White Cummins with the tan 4619 Toyota race truck on Saturday near green river. My codog gave tlyou guys tge big thumbs up.

I tried finding you guys. The first time you guys were taking a nap on Wednesday afternoon. We checked out your ride quietly. We were the ones who passed you on 70 with the White Cummins with the tan 4619 Toyota race truck on Saturday near green river. My codog gave tlyou guys tge big thumbs up.

Sorry we missed you! I remember seeing you on 70 though! Maybe next year!

Just returned from Cruise Moab. What an awesome experience! I will definitely be back in the following years!

My wife and I drove up on Tuesday and camped in Salina UT that evening. It snowed and rained all day and night, so no good pictures. This is pretty much what it looked like going over the 7,000' passes in Utah-

20180502_064530.jpg

Wednesday, my wife and I drove up toward Chicken Corner past Kane Creek Campground. It was a beautiful area!

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

DSC02831.jpg

We set up our camp for the next three nights. It was a nice area right next to the Colorado River.

DSC02857.jpg

Next day, @allan man and I hit Fins n Things. We had a great time! Beautiful scenery and an amazingly fun trail!

DSC02860.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC03015.jpg

That afternoon my wife hit the river in her inflatable paddleboard! What an awesome area!

DSC03024.jpg

The next day, we hit parts of Hell's Revenge. Also an extremely fun and more technical trail.

On our way home, we stopped in Toqueville UT to camp by the waterfall. We had a great, quiet campsite and it was a great way to end an awesome week! This was our first and definitely not our last Cruise Moab!

DSC03087.jpg

DSC03107.jpg
Tell the truth, how much time did it take to detail the truck for every photo. Nothing I own is that clean the day after a wash much less a day of driving a dusty road. That said, the images are beautiful. Good idea on the Rotopax position on the Yeti basket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom