My FJ45 LPB Huckleberry Hauler (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
Yes, still have the red one. The coral seats Im having my seat guy do. I still had some coral material form the red one.

Mark,
How the heck do you decide which one to drive day to day? They are all AWESOME!

BTW, I an sending you one of those door plugs to replace your broken one.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thanks Ken, I haven't been in a hurry. Let me know cost...

It's a fortunate situation to be in. But it's been by total accident. I suppose at some point I see myself with only one of two. I drive the the white one "29097" everyday, the others as often as I can but not enough...

Reminds me of this, but better:

View attachment 1631907
Working on two projects at the same time....same age and look great together..I'm planning on short trips if the old F engine can handle it. Not to mention the drum breaks.

You shouldn't copy :)
:hmm:... would be better to fish from the riverside.

b2902ec76b6727fb96313f025ff69d21.jpg

Amphicar horsepower 38 (28 kW (38 PS) bei 4750/min/80 Nm bei 2500/min)
and drums all around
(braking is creepy with drums after passing water in a FJ/BJ4 take care . If you know that it isn`t a problem you have to brake and to brake and to brake till they are dry :) )
Cheers Peter

Major 2018 Amphicar Swim-ins
Swim-in Calendar – www.amphicar.com

Last edited:
Acquired one of these a few years ago... Anyone running this? Wow! Two SD40's in tandem!

image.png

I will be hopefully sometime this summer but not with Aisins rather Carter wa-1s

Moded oil bath air cleaner may be going away, it’s really not complete. We’ll see.
IMG_1030.JPG

Last edited:
Oh that’s cool, I would love to see a close up the the linkage for the carbs:)

Ok I’ll get some pics once the latest snow storm passes through. I actually have all the linkage I think is needed, so I’ll take a pic. The carbs are connected via the linkage. Only thing I haven’t figured out completely yet is why it looks like only one carb gets choked (these are manual choked carbs). And the other thing is you have a full time 2-barrel setup. So that’s not a lot different from a carb perspective than my 4 barrel carb on the 283 SBC in my ‘65 FJ40, unless I get on it and open all 4 barrels. For me gettin on it in these old cruisers is kind of out there. Anyway, wonder if we need a separate thread on these Offy setups, maybe there are others and a good tech forum dedicated to these setups would be beneficial?

I ran twin SD40s briefly in my first 45 many years back before I went diesel. Video is not the best and I had old rotten gas in the tank but it’s still kind of cool :D

Never understood in that kit picture how one comes up with the two outlet air cleaner cover. Sure looks like a professional product that would fit the oil bath cleaner system but not something off the shelf unless part of the kit. The one I have is very rough and doesn’t use the side clips but rather a center post and nut. Wonder if one of those kits is sitting buried in someone’s shop somewhere? Mark, eh?

In the original offy kit you just cut your stock air filter housing and plugged in their adapter. Paul yours definitely looks like a home brew job. Maybe some one bought your offy second hand and it was missing some of the parts so they tried to fab their own??

Here is a video of a complete kit on a running 1967 FJ40..... jump ahead to the 11:30 mark

Last edited:
Thanks JP - that explains what that piece in the top center of the kit package is for. And I obviously don’t have that in my “kit.” Looks like there are two choke cables, one for each carb, but only one choke pull knob? Do you know how that’s setup on this rig? I notice that your PCV valve isn’t hooked up, no vacuum port at the carb my guess (?) - could use one of the plugged intake ports maybe. I don’t have that issue because my early F motor doesn’t have a PCV valve boss on the oil fill tube nor anywhere else for that matter.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info JP. I just may use mine as a cool spare carb holder. Most likely not all that functional like others have stated, but has the cool factor....

Got the gas tank coated inside and decided on semi gloss black for the outside of the tank. Never had a tank coated before but it came with a lifetime guarantee from a local shop. We will see. New gasket on sending unit, looks good to go. Waiting on my coral seats.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom