My FJ45 LPB Huckleberry Hauler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paint is in very good shape after a little cleaning. The patina is not as striking as GOAT'S red paint though. Hard to beat a red cruiser with great patina!! It's cleaning up nicely.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That’s unbelievable.

And I don’t think there is anyone that would not choose that one over my Goat. Goat is cool but original paint that good is simply remarkable.

Give me that ANY day over one of these $100,000 shiny resto trucks.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Went to clean my oil bath air cleaner and it looks like the oil had been changed recently. I'll change it anyway.... Old school but functional.

Peter, I could also heat a sandwich on the floor boards as warm as they get :)

image.jpeg
I'm not sure that Toyota had this in mind when quoted the Toyota Land Cruiser as
"Worlds toughest 4 Wheel Drive since 1951"

That’s unbelievable.

And I don’t think there is anyone that would not choose that one over my Goat. Goat is cool but original paint that good is simply remarkable.

Give me that ANY day over one of these $100,000 shiny resto trucks.

The patina/aged look has a certain artsy look, but a restoration look with all new items is also very fine.

FJ45.jpg

Seats out and off to the Upholstry for some of that beautiful coal material I've been holding on too. Floors in are in great shape.

Gas tank out to the shop for repair.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I only had a small seep on the top edge on the left side. I decided to have the tank coated inside. Not sure if this will be a good decision but thought I'd try it.

Also had these three pieces of material under the tank when I pulled it. I don't think they were stock. However I will use some small non porous pieces of rubber underneath the tank. "Bicycle Tube"

image.jpeg

Here is the gadget for the fuel gauge seeing unit with part number::still available for around $7 I think.

Also found this chain fron the original fuel cap in the tank when I drained it.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Need to get some "white paint patina" on this locking gas cap I've been holding on to.
image.jpeg

Not sure on the sending unit. I thought I read somewhere the newer ones were different. However the gasket fits them all.

I wonder if anyone has tried to use one. Looks like the positive post is different but could made to work??

image.png

Working on two projects at the same time....same age and look great together..I'm planning on short trips if the old F engine can handle it. Not to mention the drum breaks.

Thanks, it only wieghs a little over 950 lbs. I plan on using it for fishing and hunting trips. I don't mind slow... Just need to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom