My FJ45 LPB Huckleberry Hauler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Finally had some time to do two things that I really enjoy, get to the high country for some huckleberries and spend some time in the 45.

Thanks Whitey, coming from you that's a big compliment.

@ClemsonCruiser - we find out west, it just costs us a couple thousand bucks to ship them east.

Any running and driving 45 is a survivor in my eyes. It's inspiring to see them in action. Thanks for sharing the pics.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thanks for the kind words. This beauty was bought new at a small local family run Toyota Dealership in November of 1966. It's been around these parts and with the same family for the past 51 years. Just happy to be the steward of it. It has become my dailey driver.

I have lunch with the 87 yo previous owner quite often. He bought one in December of 65 and his dad bought this one 11 months later. He still drives his blue 1965 FJ45 LPB every day. It's quite a story!!! He loves talking FJ45's.

Here's a few more I will share.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OK, all of us love 45 pics, so I thought I would share more about FJ4527097. A little more history on 097 will tell you that it was well cared for. Used but not abused by one local family. It's has spent a its entire life locally in Oregon...I'm happy to answer any questions as I take you on this little 45 journey.

I have shared a few random pics here already but I thought I would share the whole story.

The day I picked Her up....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Yes JP, it had its original Koito lights. And both work believe it not....mostly all here.

Got all the original keys, even one key for the original Alpha lock for the spare tire holder. I'm fairly certain that the Alpha brass lock came after the HHH brass lock. Unbelievable that most of all the hard to find trinkets are still here...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here is the HHH small brass that I have on my 65 FJ45 and the the Alpha ( photo from @wscbill) that came on this this 1966 FJ45. (Aluminum tagged 67). I don't have a current photo of the Alpha lock. I will post both up side by side soon.

Somewhere around late 66 maybe, Toyota started using the Alpha in place or as another option for the HHH lock. Both are Japan made locks and very close in size.

True unicorns, I assume that most took them off because of the mud and grime that got into the lock and made for an interesting tire change and couldn't get the lock open. Ha ha.

image.jpeg
image.png

image.jpeg
The only FJ45 I ever drove home instead of a trailer ride...also, the PO install that I wish hadn't happened. (Oil pressure gauge) why do they do this? I have already forgiven though....

An Easy fix though with the original piece...

The oil girl was only sporting 99,704 miles when I picked her up. Love at first sight for sure...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Very nice, indeed. So this would of had the oil pressure light (and switch sending unit) originally? Or are you talking about the gauge to the left in the second pic?

Keep em coming Mark!
Are you saying they drilled the hole for the gauge and actually kept the slug? And you welded it back in?

7F0704E4-9F8A-4F99-B029-A1885B697FEA.jpeg
F1CB2D59-3DDE-4589-9778-81280BFC102F.jpeg
It’s almost uncanny how this truck is a twin to a barn find I have been after for 20 years( still waiting for the call!!)

I know where two are in barns here in CA. One I might get a call on the other is sitting waiting for the owners grandson to turn it into a rock crawler, no sh..t, thing has been parked since grandfather bought it in the earlie 60's and left for the military never to be driven again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom