My 1UZFE build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To some people this will look like a pile of scrap metal. To the more discerning eye it is a rust free 1977 FJ40 chassis , relieved of it's 700lb 2F burden yesterday morning. My vision for this is a 1UZFE powered , aluminum body FJ40 that I can use daily.
I currently own a 1982 FJ40 which is almost completely reassembled. It is original and low mileage and too nice to use. As it neared completion I realized I didn't want a truck that needed museum ropes around it. So when I saw this 77 40 I bought it to do my next build.
The parts I have collected are an Aqualu tub and cowl with aluminum windshield.I have a three wiper linkage for the WS like an LX. I have a new H55f mated to a rebuilt split case from an FJ60. I have a marine 1UZFE in a crate sourced from another Jersey 40 owner coming in this month.I have a OME 2 1/2" lift with stock shackles. I will be reversing the shackle reversal kit previously installed. I also have a Ford 9" (sacrilege I know) with 4:11 and a high pinion diff. This should be fun to build and fun to drive.
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure what your plan is but you can buy a complete 1UZ->H55 adapter with clutch and flywheel out of SA, they also sell the ECU if you need it. PM me if you want details, awesome swap :)

Tucker
I am using a marine 1UZFE , no emissions, three wire install. I was planning on using a Dellow bellhousing and clutch but how did you like the SA import?

I was considering going from an OM617/H55 to 1UZ/H55 a couple years back, guy who had done the swap in SA gave me the contact of the shop that had done his. They sent me lots of pics and the bellhousing looked amazing, it was just cost prohibitive at the time because I was already so far in with the 4x4Labs diesel adapter. Starting from scratch I'd definitely go this way -

Tucker

Wow! Good info on the marine motor, usually I would dissuade Toyota engine swaps because of the wiring complexity.

The Toyota epics have a good following today they have some pics of the engine your talking about in the photo area...
Link www.epicmarine.com | Toyota Epic Boat Enthusiasts

When I look at your frame I also see wow that's clean... I also see a great rear harness and perfect bumpstops we lack them here in the upper north east ... Or at least on my truck lol

The Toyota epics have a good following today they have some pics of the engine your talking about in the photo area...
Link www.epicmarine.com | Toyota Epic Boat Enthusiasts

When I look at your frame I also see wow that's clean... I also see a great rear harness and perfect bumpstops we lack them here in the upper north east ... Or at least on my truck lol
Frame is good, only saginaw setup needs to come off but I can cut it all and weld up the hole through the front cross memeber. I am doing an FJ80 steering box and custom shock towers.

Looks like a thermo-nuclear reactor manifold. frame most likely came from California.

Got me some popcorn to sit back and watch this one. :popcorn:

This is going to be epic.

SUBSCRIBED.

Very interested to see the fine details work out like fuel and vac boosted brakes, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom